Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Along with bringing fresh apples, the Harvest Fest, and beautiful weather, the fall season brings new Community Ed classes to choose from throughout Hood River Valley.
Have you ever wanted to learn how to build a rocket, raise chickens, or play pickle ball? The Community Education Services 2013-14 Fall/Winter Catalog has learning options available for all ages and skill levels, giving locals the perfect opportunity to gain a new hobby. Ranging all the way from cooking with farm-fresh foods to going on a trip to Costa Rica, Community Ed has it all.
Along with many interesting activities offered this fall, badminton is a very active cardio workout that burns calories while players have fun, and is meant for all playing abilities. The first session is scheduled to begin Oct. 2, and go until Dec.18 at the Hood River Middle School old gym. Instructed by Wayne Silver, this course costs $20 and will meet from 7-9 p.m.
Classes for this season’s catalog are available now through spring of 2014.
With programs being taught by Hood River experts, you’ll get a taste of local living.
Register online at www.hrcommunityed.org.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge