Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Along with bringing fresh apples, the Harvest Fest, and beautiful weather, the fall season brings new Community Ed classes to choose from throughout Hood River Valley.
Have you ever wanted to learn how to build a rocket, raise chickens, or play pickle ball? The Community Education Services 2013-14 Fall/Winter Catalog has learning options available for all ages and skill levels, giving locals the perfect opportunity to gain a new hobby. Ranging all the way from cooking with farm-fresh foods to going on a trip to Costa Rica, Community Ed has it all.
Along with many interesting activities offered this fall, badminton is a very active cardio workout that burns calories while players have fun, and is meant for all playing abilities. The first session is scheduled to begin Oct. 2, and go until Dec.18 at the Hood River Middle School old gym. Instructed by Wayne Silver, this course costs $20 and will meet from 7-9 p.m.
Classes for this season’s catalog are available now through spring of 2014.
With programs being taught by Hood River experts, you’ll get a taste of local living.
Register online at www.hrcommunityed.org.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge