Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Along with bringing fresh apples, the Harvest Fest, and beautiful weather, the fall season brings new Community Ed classes to choose from throughout Hood River Valley.
Have you ever wanted to learn how to build a rocket, raise chickens, or play pickle ball? The Community Education Services 2013-14 Fall/Winter Catalog has learning options available for all ages and skill levels, giving locals the perfect opportunity to gain a new hobby. Ranging all the way from cooking with farm-fresh foods to going on a trip to Costa Rica, Community Ed has it all.
Along with many interesting activities offered this fall, badminton is a very active cardio workout that burns calories while players have fun, and is meant for all playing abilities. The first session is scheduled to begin Oct. 2, and go until Dec.18 at the Hood River Middle School old gym. Instructed by Wayne Silver, this course costs $20 and will meet from 7-9 p.m.
Classes for this season’s catalog are available now through spring of 2014.
With programs being taught by Hood River experts, you’ll get a taste of local living.
Register online at www.hrcommunityed.org.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge