Saturday, September 28, 2013
The ASPIRE program at Hood River Valley High School is seeking volunteers to help encourage all students to further their education.
ASPIRE (Access to Student Assistance Programs in Reach of Everyone) trains and matches volunteers with students to research, identify colleges or technical schools, and locate scholarship opportunities.
ASPIRE coordinator Lisa Roberts will lead a training on Oct. 1, at 7 p.m. in the HRVHS computer lab. This training will teach volunteers how to use the Oregon Career Information System and Naviance to assist students in their quest to further education.
To sign up or learn about other ASPIRE training opportunities, contact Roberts in the SUMMIT Center at the high school at 541-387-5034, ext. 3.
More like this story
- Death Notices for May 27: Sharon Mills, Donna Schnell and Scott Zorza
- Service Announcements for May 27: Randy Van Woert and Thomas Ford
- Next Walking Tour June 5
- Lyle Pioneer Days return May 27
- CASA launches 2017 Playhouse Raffle
- YESTERYEARS: Ross, Daphne Hukari Animal Shelter opens in 2007
- ‘Guy, Guitar, Girl’: young actor seeks film support
- A ‘transforming gift’
- Author signing June 3 at HR Farmers’ Market