Saturday, September 28, 2013
The ASPIRE program at Hood River Valley High School is seeking volunteers to help encourage all students to further their education.
ASPIRE (Access to Student Assistance Programs in Reach of Everyone) trains and matches volunteers with students to research, identify colleges or technical schools, and locate scholarship opportunities.
ASPIRE coordinator Lisa Roberts will lead a training on Oct. 1, at 7 p.m. in the HRVHS computer lab. This training will teach volunteers how to use the Oregon Career Information System and Naviance to assist students in their quest to further education.
To sign up or learn about other ASPIRE training opportunities, contact Roberts in the SUMMIT Center at the high school at 541-387-5034, ext. 3.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 3
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge