Saturday, September 28, 2013
The ASPIRE program at Hood River Valley High School is seeking volunteers to help encourage all students to further their education.
ASPIRE (Access to Student Assistance Programs in Reach of Everyone) trains and matches volunteers with students to research, identify colleges or technical schools, and locate scholarship opportunities.
ASPIRE coordinator Lisa Roberts will lead a training on Oct. 1, at 7 p.m. in the HRVHS computer lab. This training will teach volunteers how to use the Oregon Career Information System and Naviance to assist students in their quest to further education.
To sign up or learn about other ASPIRE training opportunities, contact Roberts in the SUMMIT Center at the high school at 541-387-5034, ext. 3.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge