Saturday, September 28, 2013
The Elks “Most Valuable Student” applications are now available online at www.elks.org/enf/scholars/applymvs.fcm.
The Elks National Foundation will award 500 four-year scholarships.
Applicants will be judged on scholarship, leadership and financial need, and winners receive local funds and are eligible for the national scholarships.
The deadline for local applications is Dec. 6. Applications will advance through local, district and state competitions to reach national judging. The top 20 finalists will be vying for two first-place awards of $50,000; two second-place awards of $40,000; and two third-place awards of $30,000. The remaining 14 finalists will receive awards of $20,000. The 480 runners-up will receive fifth-place scholarships of $4,000. This does not include the money received from local, district or state.
For application and eligibility details, contact Linda Sanders, scholarship chairman, at 541-490-0709.
More like this story
- Service Annoucement for July 30: Del Gierke
- Death Notice for July 30: James Perry
- Schools seek applicants for budget panel
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge