Saturday, September 28, 2013
The Elks “Most Valuable Student” applications are now available online at www.elks.org/enf/scholars/applymvs.fcm.
The Elks National Foundation will award 500 four-year scholarships.
Applicants will be judged on scholarship, leadership and financial need, and winners receive local funds and are eligible for the national scholarships.
The deadline for local applications is Dec. 6. Applications will advance through local, district and state competitions to reach national judging. The top 20 finalists will be vying for two first-place awards of $50,000; two second-place awards of $40,000; and two third-place awards of $30,000. The remaining 14 finalists will receive awards of $20,000. The 480 runners-up will receive fifth-place scholarships of $4,000. This does not include the money received from local, district or state.
For application and eligibility details, contact Linda Sanders, scholarship chairman, at 541-490-0709.
More like this story
- Reader Photos: Enjoying the Eclipse
- Eclipse Scenes
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge