Saturday, September 28, 2013
The Elks “Most Valuable Student” applications are now available online at www.elks.org/enf/scholars/applymvs.fcm.
The Elks National Foundation will award 500 four-year scholarships.
Applicants will be judged on scholarship, leadership and financial need, and winners receive local funds and are eligible for the national scholarships.
The deadline for local applications is Dec. 6. Applications will advance through local, district and state competitions to reach national judging. The top 20 finalists will be vying for two first-place awards of $50,000; two second-place awards of $40,000; and two third-place awards of $30,000. The remaining 14 finalists will receive awards of $20,000. The 480 runners-up will receive fifth-place scholarships of $4,000. This does not include the money received from local, district or state.
For application and eligibility details, contact Linda Sanders, scholarship chairman, at 541-490-0709.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge