Wednesday, April 2, 2014
The following is a list of events for Lent and Easter week at various local churches. Community members are invited to any of these activities.
Hood River Valley Christian Church, 975 Indian Creek Road
n Through April 6 — Sunday evening Lenten soup suppers and study sessions, 5-7 p.m. Come for one session or for all.
Soup Supper will be served at 5 p.m. followed by group studies for all ages. Child care will be provided for the youngest children. Each evening concludes in a brief time of song, reflection and meditation, finishing before 7 p.m.
n Sunday, April 13 — Palm Sunday worship, 10:30 a.m., with Parade of Palms processional
n Thursday, April 17 —Maundy Thursday service, 7 p.m., featuring the chancel choir performing a cantata called “The Shadow of the Cross” under the direction of Carolyn Ternahan
n Saturday, April 19 — The Hoppening, 10 a.m., for all ages: breakfast, program, egg hunt
n Sunday, April 20 — Easter Sunday
7 a.m. Early worship
8-9:15 a.m. Breakfast served by church youth
9:30 a.m. Sunday school classes for all ages
10:30 a.m. Easter worship
Pine Grove-Odell Methodist Church
n April 13 — Palm Sunday, 10 a.m. at the Pine Grove church, on the corner of Van Horn and Eastside roads, with coffee hour to follow
n April 17 — Maundy Thursday, 6:30 p.m. at the Pine Grove church
n April 20 — Easter Sunday service, 10 a.m. at the Odell Methodist Church, on the main street in Odell (Highway 281)
Send special church services information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Holy week services: Updated April 12
- Valley Christian Church announces special events
- Church News: Easter worship scheduled around Hood River valley (updated for March 19 edition)
- Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday services set at Trinity Lutheran
- CHURCH NEWS: Valley Worship Center Easter services planned
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge