Saturday, April 5, 2014
Effective May 1, the toll will increase on the Bridge of the Gods by 50 cents per axle for all vehicles with three or more axles. This increase comes following a few months of research and deliberation by the Port Commission.
Additional information may be found on the Port’s website and Facebook page.
The Port, working closely with Oregon Department of Transportation has just completed a successful repair project on the bridge; $1.2 million dollars has been spent over the past three months and the bridge was repaired and returned to its legal weight limit of 80,000 pounds. The BOG is now open and fully operational for all vehicles.
The additional revenue generated by the toll increase will be used by the Port to fund a 10-year maintenance and repair program to keep the BOG in full operating condition. Funding for the recent repairs came from the federal government and the Port of Cascade Locks.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge