Saturday, April 5, 2014
Effective May 1, the toll will increase on the Bridge of the Gods by 50 cents per axle for all vehicles with three or more axles. This increase comes following a few months of research and deliberation by the Port Commission.
Additional information may be found on the Port’s website and Facebook page.
The Port, working closely with Oregon Department of Transportation has just completed a successful repair project on the bridge; $1.2 million dollars has been spent over the past three months and the bridge was repaired and returned to its legal weight limit of 80,000 pounds. The BOG is now open and fully operational for all vehicles.
The additional revenue generated by the toll increase will be used by the Port to fund a 10-year maintenance and repair program to keep the BOG in full operating condition. Funding for the recent repairs came from the federal government and the Port of Cascade Locks.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge