Saturday, April 5, 2014
Effective May 1, the toll will increase on the Bridge of the Gods by 50 cents per axle for all vehicles with three or more axles. This increase comes following a few months of research and deliberation by the Port Commission.
Additional information may be found on the Port’s website and Facebook page.
The Port, working closely with Oregon Department of Transportation has just completed a successful repair project on the bridge; $1.2 million dollars has been spent over the past three months and the bridge was repaired and returned to its legal weight limit of 80,000 pounds. The BOG is now open and fully operational for all vehicles.
The additional revenue generated by the toll increase will be used by the Port to fund a 10-year maintenance and repair program to keep the BOG in full operating condition. Funding for the recent repairs came from the federal government and the Port of Cascade Locks.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge