Saturday, April 5, 2014
Effective May 1, the toll will increase on the Bridge of the Gods by 50 cents per axle for all vehicles with three or more axles. This increase comes following a few months of research and deliberation by the Port Commission.
Additional information may be found on the Port’s website and Facebook page.
The Port, working closely with Oregon Department of Transportation has just completed a successful repair project on the bridge; $1.2 million dollars has been spent over the past three months and the bridge was repaired and returned to its legal weight limit of 80,000 pounds. The BOG is now open and fully operational for all vehicles.
The additional revenue generated by the toll increase will be used by the Port to fund a 10-year maintenance and repair program to keep the BOG in full operating condition. Funding for the recent repairs came from the federal government and the Port of Cascade Locks.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge