Saturday, April 5, 2014
Tom Reid, left, and Theo Davis of Green Home Construction of Hood River stand with designer Blanche Garcia on the grounds of the Vagabond Motel Thursday, the final day of filming for an upcoming episode of The Travel Channel’s “Hotel Impossible,” with TV host Anthony Melichiorri. Owner Grant Polson, (inset right) with nephew Charlie Cranmer, reached out to the program to inject new ideas into the historic motel operation. Garcia and Polson will be featured along with Melchiorri in the exterior improvements made at the motel, which were unveiled Thursday. A wedding was recently held on the north side of the property, which will be part of the show. Polson had been barred from the property for five days while Garcia and the rest of the Atlas Productions (New York) crew, and Green Home and their Hood River subcontractors were hard at work. The program will air in June. Look for details in upcoming news editions.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge