Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Blossom Fest’s first of three weekends offers plenty of family-friendly activities around the Hood River valley. The Hood River News’ Panorama special section, published April 12, gives the full Blossom schedule and map, but here is the list of what’s happening this Friday through Sunday, weekend one.
Cascade Alpacas and Foothills Yarn and Fiber — Abstract Fiber Trunk Show, April 12-27, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., 4207 Sylvester Drive, near Odell.
Gorge Artists Open Studio Tour, April 11-13, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., all three days; visit artists in their natural habitat — their own studios, in the sixth-annual tour. Free tour guides available at Columbia Art Gallery, Third and Cascade, and online at gorgeartists.org.
Hard-Pressed Cider Fest, April 12 in Odell (see article, page A1).
Rasmussen Farms Spring Flower and Garden Days, 3020 Thomsen Road, Pine Grove (6 miles south of Hood River), select from a large selection of pansies, frost-hardy perennials, herbs and accent plants, single or by the flat. Plenty of free parking.
Second Saturday at Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 12; $12 adults, $6 students, $10 seniors, kids under 5 get in free. Trained volunteers drive or fly some of the 375-plus vehicles on Second Saturday; rides offered in old cars.
Wy’east Vineyards, 3189 Highway 35; $5 tasting fee waived with bottle purchase; 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., During Passport Month, this and other participating wineries offer specials on bottle purchases.
(For more information on current and future art exhibits, see the April 9 Hood River News, Kaleidoscope section, and the Spring 2014 edition of The Gorge magazine, available at the Hood River News office and at local shops and cafes.)
For more Blossom Fest information, stop by the Chamber kiosks on Button Bridge Road, near exit 64, and on West Cascade, near exit 62. Also, visit the Chamber Visitor Center, on Marina Drive near exit 64, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., where free fruit and Ryan’s Juice are served.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge