Wednesday, April 9, 2014
OSU Open Campus presents “Mastery of Aging Well,” an informative series developed by OSU Extension in partnership with AARP.
This course is for seniors and for anyone who cares about seniors. The course includes five sessions of practical, research-based information on healthy aging that is delivered through a combination of video and facilitator-lead discussion.
Topics covered include:
April 14 — Memory difficulties: Should I be worried?
April 21 — Depression in later life
April 28 — Medication jeopardy
May 5 — Food as medicine
May 12 — Physical activity and exercise in later life
All classes are from 10 a.m. to noon.
Attend the entire series or one course at a time.
Register online at cgcc.edu or call 541-308-8211.
Cost is $10 per class or $50 for the series.
For details call Ann Harris at 541-386-3443.
More like this story
- After a winless 2014 season, HRV girls team places third at state tournament
- HAHRC BEATS: November is Diabetes Awareness Month
- National Initiative: Mindfulness Center trains ‘Mental Health First Aid’
- Red Cross recommends iron-rich foods prior to blood donation
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 21
- Pitch and Pool: Kudos for fall success, and a look ahead
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Doing what it takes to be the ‘Finest’
- Overlapping ‘Pray for Snow’ parties happen Saturday
- Entertainment Update for Nov. 21
- B Gorge-us Boutique opens, shares space with Gandara
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge