Saturday, April 12, 2014
Blossom Festival starts off Saturday with a new event: Hard-Pressed Cider Fest, noon to 6 p.m. at Mt. Defiance Cold Storage, 3351 Stadelman Drive, Odell, just off Highway 35.
This is an updated cidery list for the festival:
Atlas Cider, Portland; Bull Run Cider, Forest Grove; Carlton Cyderworks, Carlton; Fox-Tail Cider, Odell; Gorge Cyder House, Hood River; Gorge White House, Pine Grove; Hood Valley Hard Cider Co.; HR Ciderworks, Pine Grove; Portland Cider Company, Portland; Rack and Cloth, Mosier; Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider, Portland; Two Towns Cider, Corvallis.
Cost is $10 for ages 21 and over (includes glass and four 3-ounce taste tokens); free for those under age 21 and designated drivers.
Food will be for sale from Apple Valley BBQ, Nouveau Raw and Oldfather Farms, Four and Twenty Blackbirds, Columbia Cochon featuring Pine Street Bakery rolls, Cascadia Creamery, Ryan’s Juice, and Gorge Grown.
Noon-1:15 p.m. — Matt Farmer and Rachel Drake
1:45-3:15 p.m. — Kerry Williams and The Huckleberry Pickers
3:30-4:15 p.m. — The Kitchen Table
4:30-6 p.m. — Smoke on the Water
More like this story
- After a winless 2014 season, HRV girls team places third at state tournament
- HAHRC BEATS: November is Diabetes Awareness Month
- National Initiative: Mindfulness Center trains ‘Mental Health First Aid’
- Red Cross recommends iron-rich foods prior to blood donation
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 21
- Pitch and Pool: Kudos for fall success, and a look ahead
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Doing what it takes to be the ‘Finest’
- Overlapping ‘Pray for Snow’ parties happen Saturday
- Entertainment Update for Nov. 21
- B Gorge-us Boutique opens, shares space with Gandara
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge