Saturday, April 12, 2014
Blossom Festival starts off Saturday with a new event: Hard-Pressed Cider Fest, noon to 6 p.m. at Mt. Defiance Cold Storage, 3351 Stadelman Drive, Odell, just off Highway 35.
This is an updated cidery list for the festival:
Atlas Cider, Portland; Bull Run Cider, Forest Grove; Carlton Cyderworks, Carlton; Fox-Tail Cider, Odell; Gorge Cyder House, Hood River; Gorge White House, Pine Grove; Hood Valley Hard Cider Co.; HR Ciderworks, Pine Grove; Portland Cider Company, Portland; Rack and Cloth, Mosier; Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider, Portland; Two Towns Cider, Corvallis.
Cost is $10 for ages 21 and over (includes glass and four 3-ounce taste tokens); free for those under age 21 and designated drivers.
Food will be for sale from Apple Valley BBQ, Nouveau Raw and Oldfather Farms, Four and Twenty Blackbirds, Columbia Cochon featuring Pine Street Bakery rolls, Cascadia Creamery, Ryan’s Juice, and Gorge Grown.
Noon-1:15 p.m. — Matt Farmer and Rachel Drake
1:45-3:15 p.m. — Kerry Williams and The Huckleberry Pickers
3:30-4:15 p.m. — The Kitchen Table
4:30-6 p.m. — Smoke on the Water
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
- ‘Mayerdale Place’ program Oct. 21
- County continues marijuana hearings
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge