Saturday, April 12, 2014
Classic rock and blues highlight the 2014 Summer Concert Series at Maryhill Winery in Goldendale, Wash. Tickets for the series are on sale Friday, April 11, at the venue’s website http://www.maryhillwinery.com/news-events/calendar-of-events.
STYX & FOREIGNER
Saturday, Aug. 2 at 7 p.m. Gates open at 5 p.m.
PETER FRAMPTON'S GUITAR CIRCUS with BUDDY GUY
Saturday, Aug. 23, at 7 p.m., Gates open at 5 p.m.
THE BEST OF JETHRO TULL performed by IAN ANDERSON
Saturday, Sept. 13, at 8 p.m. Gates open at 6 p.m.
Maryhill Winery, 9774 Hwy. 14, Goldendale, Wash.; 877-627-9445.
More like this story
- Boys lax suffers significant setback in league opener
- Letters to the Editor for April 30
- No on 14-55: But not a ‘yes’ to Nestlé
- ‘Putting your house in order’ returns May 11
- Police Log, April 12 to 24, part 2 of 2
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- ‘Music at the Dawn’ brings early 1900s to life
- Entertainment Update for April 30
- GOP governor candidates spar in Hood River
- Late rally falls short in HRV loss to Hermiston
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge