Saturday, April 12, 2014
Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts an Adult Day Camp April 26 from 1-5:30 p.m. at Bethel UCC, White Salmon. It is based on the concept that “there’s a different story of who we are meant to be than the one that our current culture is telling us,” according to organizer Erika Rench.
Cost is $40 and 100 percent of ticket price goes to help fund Columbia Gorge Peace Village 2014. To register go to columbiagorgepeacevillage.com
Peace Village, held each August, is an interfaith, multicultural day camp providing a fun, educational environment in which children can learn the messages and practice of nonviolence and peacemaking from various world traditions.
In the April 26 half-day workshop, adults will experience a sampling of what kids do for a week each August as they cultivate skills for peaceful connections and interactions with self and others. These include natural world, Aikido and peaceful conflict resolution skills, media literacy and peaceful, playful communication practices.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge