Saturday, April 12, 2014
Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts an Adult Day Camp April 26 from 1-5:30 p.m. at Bethel UCC, White Salmon. It is based on the concept that “there’s a different story of who we are meant to be than the one that our current culture is telling us,” according to organizer Erika Rench.
Cost is $40 and 100 percent of ticket price goes to help fund Columbia Gorge Peace Village 2014. To register go to columbiagorgepeacevillage.com
Peace Village, held each August, is an interfaith, multicultural day camp providing a fun, educational environment in which children can learn the messages and practice of nonviolence and peacemaking from various world traditions.
In the April 26 half-day workshop, adults will experience a sampling of what kids do for a week each August as they cultivate skills for peaceful connections and interactions with self and others. These include natural world, Aikido and peaceful conflict resolution skills, media literacy and peaceful, playful communication practices.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events