Saturday, April 12, 2014
Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts an Adult Day Camp April 26 from 1-5:30 p.m. at Bethel UCC, White Salmon. It is based on the concept that “there’s a different story of who we are meant to be than the one that our current culture is telling us,” according to organizer Erika Rench.
Cost is $40 and 100 percent of ticket price goes to help fund Columbia Gorge Peace Village 2014. To register go to columbiagorgepeacevillage.com
Peace Village, held each August, is an interfaith, multicultural day camp providing a fun, educational environment in which children can learn the messages and practice of nonviolence and peacemaking from various world traditions.
In the April 26 half-day workshop, adults will experience a sampling of what kids do for a week each August as they cultivate skills for peaceful connections and interactions with self and others. These include natural world, Aikido and peaceful conflict resolution skills, media literacy and peaceful, playful communication practices.
More like this story
- Vandalized sign prompts security precautions at CL School Friday
- Death Notices for Oct. 1: Jack Stone, Jack Stone, Viola Wells, and Gerald Culp
- Service Announcement for Oct. 1: Calvin Peck
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge