Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Parkdale Fire Department holds its 21st annual Casino Night Saturday, April 19, beginning at 5:30 p.m. at the fire station, 4895 Baseline Drive.
The event, a “prize-packed, fun-filled night of casino games,” supports the fire department, a volunteer organization. There will also be a silent auction and raffle, with prizes including vacation packages, electronics, gift baskets, clothes and more. Everyone receives a raffle ticket with a paid entrance and more are for sale at the event.
The $20 entry fee includes $50 in starting chips, entrance to the beer garden and a chicken dinner. Free local rides home are available. The event is for ages 21 and over only.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
"Water Wizards" teach about water conservation
Water Wizards Lego Robotics team gives its water conservation presentation, in costume and with props and placards, in downtown Hood River Nov. 18. The outreach is an example of the community education component carried out by all Robotics teams, of which there are dozens of them in the Gorge. Learn more at The Department of Environmental Quality graywater permit website: Oregon.gov/deq/wq/programs. Enlarge