Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Parkdale Fire Department holds its 21st annual Casino Night Saturday, April 19, beginning at 5:30 p.m. at the fire station, 4895 Baseline Drive.
The event, a “prize-packed, fun-filled night of casino games,” supports the fire department, a volunteer organization. There will also be a silent auction and raffle, with prizes including vacation packages, electronics, gift baskets, clothes and more. Everyone receives a raffle ticket with a paid entrance and more are for sale at the event.
The $20 entry fee includes $50 in starting chips, entrance to the beer garden and a chicken dinner. Free local rides home are available. The event is for ages 21 and over only.
More like this story
- ‘Honoring Those Who Have Served’: May 30, 11 a.m., Memorial Day Service
- Entertainment Update for May 28
- Death Notices for May 28: Carole Coreson, Lawrence Monaghan
- Highway brush fire in Hood River knocked down
- Yesteryears: Horizon Christian ‘changing skyscape’ with new building in 2006
- Teen pleads not guilty to stabbing HR woman
- Hearings begin this week on Longview coal terminal
- White River campground closed
- EnviroGorge announces bird quiz
- Letters to the Editor for May 25
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge