Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Parkdale Fire Department holds its 21st annual Casino Night Saturday, April 19, beginning at 5:30 p.m. at the fire station, 4895 Baseline Drive.
The event, a “prize-packed, fun-filled night of casino games,” supports the fire department, a volunteer organization. There will also be a silent auction and raffle, with prizes including vacation packages, electronics, gift baskets, clothes and more. Everyone receives a raffle ticket with a paid entrance and more are for sale at the event.
The $20 entry fee includes $50 in starting chips, entrance to the beer garden and a chicken dinner. Free local rides home are available. The event is for ages 21 and over only.
More like this story
- Death notice for April 30: Ronald Grindy
- Service announcement for April 30: Linda Miller
- Hood River County Reads celebrates its 10th anniversary — 11 years in
- Little free library idea
- Art of Community adds Soderberg-Greene work
- Bike Buddies reports successful weekend event
- Lion King Jr. comes to Wy'east Middle School
- YESTERYEARS: New skate park in planning stages in 1996
- Aubree Olmstead heads Columbia Basin facility
- Heart of Hospice notes Volunteer Appreciation Week
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge