Wednesday, April 16, 2014
This week volunteers at Adopt A Dog have selected Kirby as the program’s adoptable pet of the week. They describe him as follows:
“Kirby is about 2 years old, and maybe 45 pounds, possibly a lab/shepherd mix, but he’s too busy to slow down to ask him yourself!
“If you’re looking for a playful, active dog, this is your guy! Toys, runs, walks, dogs, shadows — anything is fun for this fella!
“Kirby has some doggie manners and tries hard to get the rest down, but at least he is able to contain his excitement when he meets new people and the jumping-up thing is (mostly) done!
“Kirby is a smart boy and knows lots of basic commands and is great on a leash, so isn’t that half the battle? He’s so funny and oblivious! Kirby is a shelter favorite and no one seems to be able to resist that goofy grin!
“He is a bit rough with other dogs, so supervision is recommended until he gets the hang of it, but he’s all goofy and no growly.
“Kirby was actually adopted out just over a month ago, but he figured out the electric fence thing in no time and was left home alone a lot, so he found his own entertainment and was picked up several times visiting neighbors. His owners just didn’t have the time, or fence to keep this fun guy, so he’s back with us looking for an active home he can call his own.”
Kirby is current on shots, microchipped and neutered. His adoption fee is $185. The fee to adopt is charged to recoup standard veterinary expenses.
Since many of AAD’s dogs are in foster care, please call ahead to meet Kirby at the Hukari Animal Shelter, 3910 Heron Drive, Odell; 541-354-1083. Adoption hours are Wednesdays from 5-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9-11 a.m. Applications may be downloaded at hoodriveradoptadog.org and faxed to 877-833-7166.
More like this story
- Marimba ‘Mid Winter Party’
- YESTERYEARS: School District No. 3 projects new high school on May Street in 1926
- Are You Ready? Survival 101
- Lyle School celebrates standout science student
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Imagining a world with no winners and no losers
- The Ale List: Sense of Place lecture focuses on ‘hoppy history’
- Free tax help through April in HR and TD
- Sheriff Log, Jan. 24 to 31
- Police Log, Jan. 25 to 31
- Public Records: Building permits, city, January 2016