Wednesday, April 16, 2014
This week volunteers at Adopt A Dog have selected Kirby as the program’s adoptable pet of the week. They describe him as follows:
“Kirby is about 2 years old, and maybe 45 pounds, possibly a lab/shepherd mix, but he’s too busy to slow down to ask him yourself!
“If you’re looking for a playful, active dog, this is your guy! Toys, runs, walks, dogs, shadows — anything is fun for this fella!
“Kirby has some doggie manners and tries hard to get the rest down, but at least he is able to contain his excitement when he meets new people and the jumping-up thing is (mostly) done!
“Kirby is a smart boy and knows lots of basic commands and is great on a leash, so isn’t that half the battle? He’s so funny and oblivious! Kirby is a shelter favorite and no one seems to be able to resist that goofy grin!
“He is a bit rough with other dogs, so supervision is recommended until he gets the hang of it, but he’s all goofy and no growly.
“Kirby was actually adopted out just over a month ago, but he figured out the electric fence thing in no time and was left home alone a lot, so he found his own entertainment and was picked up several times visiting neighbors. His owners just didn’t have the time, or fence to keep this fun guy, so he’s back with us looking for an active home he can call his own.”
Kirby is current on shots, microchipped and neutered. His adoption fee is $185. The fee to adopt is charged to recoup standard veterinary expenses.
Since many of AAD’s dogs are in foster care, please call ahead to meet Kirby at the Hukari Animal Shelter, 3910 Heron Drive, Odell; 541-354-1083. Adoption hours are Wednesdays from 5-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9-11 a.m. Applications may be downloaded at hoodriveradoptadog.org and faxed to 877-833-7166.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge