Wednesday, April 16, 2014
As a follow-up to last spring’s popular Gorge Short Track Series, the Cascade Locks’ EasyClimb trail system will be host to a one-day, two-race event Saturday titled The Short Track Shoot-Out Mountain Bike Race. The event, hosted by the Port of Cascade Locks and Gorge-based Breakaway Promotions, is open to riders of all skill levels, with several men and women categories to choose from as well as junior categories for youngsters.
Racing will run in two stages — one in the morning and one in the afternoon — and participants can race in one or both. Registration can be done online in advance or at 8 a.m. for the morning race and 1:30 p.m. for the afternoon race.
Racing will take place on the EasyClimb trail system located at the east end of Cascade Locks on Port property. The trail system has received praise for its accessibility and friendliness for riders of all abilities by offering a mix of single track, double track, banked turns, small rollers and great views of the Columbia River Gorge.
In addition to racing action, Charburger will be on location grilling lunch and Cascade Locks’ new brewery, Thunder Island Brewing, will be serving some of its latest creations.
Last year’s Gorge Short Track Series drew over 250 riders to Cascade Locks from both the Gorge and around the Northwest. The youngest racer was age 12, while the oldest clocked-in at 70.
For information and registration see gorgeshorttrack.com.
Sponsors include the Port of Cascade Locks, Nestlé Waters North America, Sternwheeler/Portland Spirit, Best Western Columbia River Inn, Charburger Cascade Locks, Bear Mountain Forest Products, Gorge Delights, Dirty Fingers Bicycle Repair, 10 Speed Coffee and Thunder Island Brewing.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge