Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Leroy “Sonny” Paul Kitzman, 63, passed away April 21, 2014, at Dethman Manor of Hood River, Ore. He was born Oct. 2, 1950.
Services are planned for Sunday, April 27, with a time of viewing from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Anderson’s Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, and a 2 p.m. memorial service at the Crag Rat Hut: take Highway 35 south from Hood River to Van Horn Drive where you will turn left (east); follow to Wells Drive and turn right (south) and follow to Crag Rat Hut Road and turn right (south), then follow up the hill to the lodge.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations). Please visit andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Boys lax suffers significant setback in league opener
- Letters to the Editor for April 30
- No on 14-55: But not a ‘yes’ to Nestlé
- ‘Putting your house in order’ returns May 11
- Police Log, April 12 to 24, part 2 of 2
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- ‘Music at the Dawn’ brings early 1900s to life
- Entertainment Update for April 30
- GOP governor candidates spar in Hood River
- Late rally falls short in HRV loss to Hermiston
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge