Saturday, April 26, 2014
Strikers undefeated, headed to State Cup finals
After going undefeated in the Oregon Premier League spring season, Hood River’s U14 Strikers boys soccer team moves on to compete in the State Cup finals on May 3, noon at Liberty High School. The team secured a spot in the finals after defeating the second- and third-seeded teams, Crossfire and FC Portland, in back-to-back matches earlier this month.
The day after the championship, the Strikers are hosting a fundraiser for their trip to Nationals this July. The dinner and auction is open to all and will run from 4-7 p.m. at Wy’east Middle School (location changed from earlier announcements).
BSC Hood River youth soccer tryouts slated
BSC Hood River is holding tryouts for its youth teams. Information is as follows (dates in parentheses are birthday ranges for age groups):
May 4, Westside Elementary: U11, 9 a.m. (8/1/03-7/31/05); U12, 10:30 a.m. (8/1/02-7/31/03); U13, 2 p.m. (8/1/01-7/31/02); U14, 1:30 p.m. (8/1/00-7/31/01)
May 6. Wy’east Middle School: U11 and U12, 5 p.m.; U13 and U14, 6:15 p.m.
Developmental Academy open house: BSC Hood River is hosting an open house to players interested in the U8-U10 development academy. This program is designed for players who are looking for a higher level of coaching than recreational soccer. The open house will run from 6-7:30 p.m. May 9 at Westside Elementary School. For more information, visit bscoregon.com/bschoodriver.
HRVST open to new swimmers
The Hood River Valley Swim Team has just begun its summer swim season, but it is not too late to join. Anyone interested can contact coach Shelly Rawding at email@example.com or come to the pool any Monday at 3:30 p.m., or 4:30 p.m. for swimmers 8 and younger. New swimmers can try the program free for a week. More information can be found at hrvst.org.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 3
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge