Saturday, April 26, 2014
Strikers undefeated, headed to State Cup finals
After going undefeated in the Oregon Premier League spring season, Hood River’s U14 Strikers boys soccer team moves on to compete in the State Cup finals on May 3, noon at Liberty High School. The team secured a spot in the finals after defeating the second- and third-seeded teams, Crossfire and FC Portland, in back-to-back matches earlier this month.
The day after the championship, the Strikers are hosting a fundraiser for their trip to Nationals this July. The dinner and auction is open to all and will run from 4-7 p.m. at Wy’east Middle School (location changed from earlier announcements).
BSC Hood River youth soccer tryouts slated
BSC Hood River is holding tryouts for its youth teams. Information is as follows (dates in parentheses are birthday ranges for age groups):
May 4, Westside Elementary: U11, 9 a.m. (8/1/03-7/31/05); U12, 10:30 a.m. (8/1/02-7/31/03); U13, 2 p.m. (8/1/01-7/31/02); U14, 1:30 p.m. (8/1/00-7/31/01)
May 6. Wy’east Middle School: U11 and U12, 5 p.m.; U13 and U14, 6:15 p.m.
Developmental Academy open house: BSC Hood River is hosting an open house to players interested in the U8-U10 development academy. This program is designed for players who are looking for a higher level of coaching than recreational soccer. The open house will run from 6-7:30 p.m. May 9 at Westside Elementary School. For more information, visit bscoregon.com/bschoodriver.
HRVST open to new swimmers
The Hood River Valley Swim Team has just begun its summer swim season, but it is not too late to join. Anyone interested can contact coach Shelly Rawding at firstname.lastname@example.org or come to the pool any Monday at 3:30 p.m., or 4:30 p.m. for swimmers 8 and younger. New swimmers can try the program free for a week. More information can be found at hrvst.org.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge