Saturday, April 26, 2014
Strikers undefeated, headed to State Cup finals
After going undefeated in the Oregon Premier League spring season, Hood River’s U14 Strikers boys soccer team moves on to compete in the State Cup finals on May 3, noon at Liberty High School. The team secured a spot in the finals after defeating the second- and third-seeded teams, Crossfire and FC Portland, in back-to-back matches earlier this month.
The day after the championship, the Strikers are hosting a fundraiser for their trip to Nationals this July. The dinner and auction is open to all and will run from 4-7 p.m. at Wy’east Middle School (location changed from earlier announcements).
BSC Hood River youth soccer tryouts slated
BSC Hood River is holding tryouts for its youth teams. Information is as follows (dates in parentheses are birthday ranges for age groups):
May 4, Westside Elementary: U11, 9 a.m. (8/1/03-7/31/05); U12, 10:30 a.m. (8/1/02-7/31/03); U13, 2 p.m. (8/1/01-7/31/02); U14, 1:30 p.m. (8/1/00-7/31/01)
May 6. Wy’east Middle School: U11 and U12, 5 p.m.; U13 and U14, 6:15 p.m.
Developmental Academy open house: BSC Hood River is hosting an open house to players interested in the U8-U10 development academy. This program is designed for players who are looking for a higher level of coaching than recreational soccer. The open house will run from 6-7:30 p.m. May 9 at Westside Elementary School. For more information, visit bscoregon.com/bschoodriver.
HRVST open to new swimmers
The Hood River Valley Swim Team has just begun its summer swim season, but it is not too late to join. Anyone interested can contact coach Shelly Rawding at email@example.com or come to the pool any Monday at 3:30 p.m., or 4:30 p.m. for swimmers 8 and younger. New swimmers can try the program free for a week. More information can be found at hrvst.org.
More like this story
- Service Announcements for Aug. 19 edition: Gary Thelen and David DeGroot
- Death Notices for Aug. 19 edition: Judith Harmon, Everett Marvel, Edward Leiblein, Joseph Aragon, Rodney VanRiper, Mary Fields, Luis Rodriguez Ayala and Maurine Wattles
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge