Wednesday, February 5, 2014
The Mid-Columbia Music Teachers Association held its annual District Baroque Festival on Jan. 25 and the District Bach Competition on Jan. 26 at Riverside Community Church in Hood River.
The 31 participating piano, vocal and violin students represented local teachers from The Dalles and Hood River including EJ Howe, Kathy Apland, Marilyn Brennan, Susan Ticknor, Diana Beterbide and Sonja Decker. This year’s adjudicator was Dr. Jeanine Jacobson of Hood River.
Students chosen to advance to the regional level are:
Kristian Apland, vocal student of Sonja Decker; Phoebe Wood and Kristian Apland, violin students of Kathy Apland;
Piano students: Luisa Meyer, student of EJ Howe; Jonathan Harris, student of Kathy Apland; Zaira Castillo, Cooper Holzman, Nathan Reimche-Vu, Colin Howe, Josh Barringer, Amy and Austin Requa, students of Diana Beterbide.
Sarah McIntosh (EJ Howe) and Jason Barringer (Diana Beterbide) received Honorable Mentions.
The Regional Bach Festival will be held Feb. 16 in Pendleton.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge