Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Hood River Valley High School ski team continued its run at the Mt. Hood Ski League title over the weekend with a third straight sweep of racing action at Mt. Hood Meadows. Five boys and four girls finished in the top 10 and William Lamer and Korey Cimock won individual titles in Saturday’s giant slalom race — the first of that discipline this season.
Although the team result was consistant with the previous three races, there was a change of guard for HRV’s individual winners. Lamer beat-out Austin Keillor for the first time this season, and Cimock beat Lucy McLean for the first time — a detail coach Scott Keillor said reflects on the team’s depth. He also said the course for the race along the north side of Shooting Star, favored different individuals and their strengths than the previous three slalom events.
The team competes next Feb. 15 and 22 before preparing for state racing March 5, 6 and 7 at Mt. Hood Meadows.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
- Shoreline trail widened under HR Bridge
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge