Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Hood River Valley High School ski team continued its run at the Mt. Hood Ski League title over the weekend with a third straight sweep of racing action at Mt. Hood Meadows. Five boys and four girls finished in the top 10 and William Lamer and Korey Cimock won individual titles in Saturday’s giant slalom race — the first of that discipline this season.
Although the team result was consistant with the previous three races, there was a change of guard for HRV’s individual winners. Lamer beat-out Austin Keillor for the first time this season, and Cimock beat Lucy McLean for the first time — a detail coach Scott Keillor said reflects on the team’s depth. He also said the course for the race along the north side of Shooting Star, favored different individuals and their strengths than the previous three slalom events.
The team competes next Feb. 15 and 22 before preparing for state racing March 5, 6 and 7 at Mt. Hood Meadows.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge