Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Little League sign-ups Feb. 6, Babe Ruth Feb. 9
Youth baseball sign-ups are Feb. 6 for Hood River Little League, 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Westside, Parkdale and Mid Valley elementery schools and Babe Ruth sign-ups are Feb. 9, 6-9 p.m. at the Hood River Valley High School indoor batting facility.
County Forestry seeks Trails Committee member
Hood River County Forestry has one opening on its Forest Recreation Trails Committee and is currently accepting applications (due by 5 p.m. Feb. 11). The opening is for a member representing the motorcycle user group. The Trails Committee is comprised of 13 members appointed by the County Board of Commissioners. Members represent the various users who utilize the trail system. You must live in Hood River County to qualify for Committee consideration. Terms are for three years. For more information or to get an application contact HRCF Trails Coordinator Henry Buckalew at 541-386-7089 or email@example.com.
HRV soccer hosts youth indoor academy
An indoor soccer academy for kids ages 4-10 will run one evening a week starting early April and ending early May at Wy’east Middle School. Age groups will be divided into 4-5, 6-7 and 8-10-year-olds with an emphasis on fun and developing ball control and game awareness through drills and activities. The fee is $75 per player — discounted rates available — and proceeds will go to fund Hood River Valley High School boys and girls soccer programs. Sign-ups are through Hood River Community Education at hrcommunityed.org. For more information contact Jaime Rivera at 541-490-0699.
Gorge Roller Girls ready for Feb. 15 season opener
The Gorge Roller Girls take on Southern Oregon in their home season opener on Saturday, Feb. 15 at the Dalles High School. Doors open at 5 p.m. and the action starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $10, on sale now at gorgerollergirls.org or at the door. Kids 6 and younger are free.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge