Thursday, February 6, 2014
Winter weather has impacted schools around the Gorge, with students being sent home early.
Hood River Co. Sch. Dist.: Due to inclement weather, Hood River Valley High School and Hood River Middle Schools will be released at approximately 10:45 a.m. All elementary schools will be released at 11:30 am.
Horizon Christian: Dismissal for all students at 10:45 a.m. Bus will leave at 10:50 a.m. Parents are advised to call the school office to confirm pick-up at bus stop. Junior high games are cancelled. Practices are cancelled.
OCDC Head Start: The Odell site will close at noon today. Buses will leave the site at noon to take children home.
Country Club Head Start PM classes are also cancelled.
The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning that is in effect for the Central Columbia River Gorge, including Hood River, from 10 a.m. Thursday until 4 a.m. Friday. Snow accumulations expected between 3 and 7 inches.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge