Thursday, February 6, 2014
Winter weather has impacted schools around the Gorge, with students being sent home early.
Hood River Co. Sch. Dist.: Due to inclement weather, Hood River Valley High School and Hood River Middle Schools will be released at approximately 10:45 a.m. All elementary schools will be released at 11:30 am.
Horizon Christian: Dismissal for all students at 10:45 a.m. Bus will leave at 10:50 a.m. Parents are advised to call the school office to confirm pick-up at bus stop. Junior high games are cancelled. Practices are cancelled.
OCDC Head Start: The Odell site will close at noon today. Buses will leave the site at noon to take children home.
Country Club Head Start PM classes are also cancelled.
The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning that is in effect for the Central Columbia River Gorge, including Hood River, from 10 a.m. Thursday until 4 a.m. Friday. Snow accumulations expected between 3 and 7 inches.
More like this story
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
- Cougar Creek fire creeps north
Helicopter searches for hiker
BLACKHAWK helicopter flies over Mt. Hood National Forest near Laurance Lake on Friday, Aug. 21. The military aircraft was called in to help police seek a missing hiker from The Dalles. Enlarge