Saturday, February 8, 2014
Gorge Innoventure Member Showcase happens Feb.20, 5-7 p.m. at Gorge Innoventure, 1000 E. Port Marina Drive, Suite 101. Snacks and a beer are provided as part of the $15 admission.
There will be a “Five Minutes at the Mic” opportunity for existing members to showcase a business.
“Three Minutes at the Mic” is an opportunity for new and expanding companies to pitch ideas for feedback.
For details email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to reserve a slot is Feb. 14 and can be done by emailing email@example.com or going to gorgeinnoventure.com
Gorge Innoventure also presents “CEO Roundtable with Chris UIum: Fundraising 101,” sponsored by Davis Wright Tremaine LLP on Feb. 27, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Gorge Innoventure.
This roundtable will focus on the critical issue of fundraising and the pros and cons to financing strategies around grants, angel, venture capital and private equity investments. This is a chance to learn about what it means to take on investment.
There will also be discussion around priced equity rounds versus convertible note rounds. This will be in a group setting with opportunities for discussion. It is open to CEOs or presidents currently operating companies. Space is limited; lunch is provided.
Cost is $35 for Gorge Innoventure Members; $60 for non-members, by Feb. 24.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Westside forum July 26
- Fair Time: HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR — ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lassie’ films in HR in 1947
- Daily Bread: Blame it on The Moon
- McAlexanders celebrate 50th anniversary
- Hood River Library hosts Death Café
- Police Log, July 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, July 16 to 22
- Biologists give mixed news for Columbia steelhead
- Pet of the Week: Charlie is happy and playful
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge