Saturday, February 8, 2014
Gorge Innoventure Member Showcase happens Feb.20, 5-7 p.m. at Gorge Innoventure, 1000 E. Port Marina Drive, Suite 101. Snacks and a beer are provided as part of the $15 admission.
There will be a “Five Minutes at the Mic” opportunity for existing members to showcase a business.
“Three Minutes at the Mic” is an opportunity for new and expanding companies to pitch ideas for feedback.
For details email email@example.com.
The deadline to reserve a slot is Feb. 14 and can be done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or going to gorgeinnoventure.com
Gorge Innoventure also presents “CEO Roundtable with Chris UIum: Fundraising 101,” sponsored by Davis Wright Tremaine LLP on Feb. 27, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Gorge Innoventure.
This roundtable will focus on the critical issue of fundraising and the pros and cons to financing strategies around grants, angel, venture capital and private equity investments. This is a chance to learn about what it means to take on investment.
There will also be discussion around priced equity rounds versus convertible note rounds. This will be in a group setting with opportunities for discussion. It is open to CEOs or presidents currently operating companies. Space is limited; lunch is provided.
Cost is $35 for Gorge Innoventure Members; $60 for non-members, by Feb. 24.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
"Water Wizards" teach about water conservation
Water Wizards Lego Robotics team gives its water conservation presentation, in costume and with props and placards, in downtown Hood River Nov. 18. The outreach is an example of the community education component carried out by all Robotics teams, of which there are dozens of them in the Gorge. Learn more at The Department of Environmental Quality graywater permit website: Oregon.gov/deq/wq/programs. Enlarge