Saturday, February 8, 2014
This week volunteers at Adopt A Dog have selected Buster as the program’s adoptable pet of the week. They describe him as follows:
“Buster is a great dog! He is approximately 60 pounds and about 2 years old and a mix of — well, your guess is as good as ours, but maybe German shepherd? He is very handsome, friendly, and knows sit, lie down, wait, and is eager to learn more from his new family.
“And he’s great on a leash! He stays right by your side, and when you stop, he’ll stop and look up at you for guidance. He’s such a sweet guy no one can believe he hasn’t been swooped up yet.
“Buster is very calm around the other shelter dogs and gets along with everybody. We haven’t figured out what toys he likes — he’s a little underweight, so he’s more interested in food at the moment, but the squeaky taco is looking promising!
“And did we mention he’s so handsome? — a natural for the camera.”
Buster is current on shots, microchipped and neutered. His adoption fee is $185. The fee to adopt is charged to recoup standard veterinary expenses.
Since many of AAD’s dogs are in foster care, please call ahead to meet Buster at the Hukari Animal Shelter, 3910 Heron Drive, Odell; 541-354-1083. Adoption hours are Wednesdays from 5-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9-11 a.m. Applications may be downloaded at hoodriveradoptadog.org and faxed to 877-833-7166.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Gorge Owned presents ‘Glacier Caves of the Pacific Northwest’
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge