Wednesday, February 12, 2014
I am getting so sick of reading Gary Fields’ letters about our representative Greg Walden. My dad Ralph Smiley helped launch his career and he got elected. When Greg needed my dad’s support, my dad was always there to help him. And Greg has done a great job ever since he’s been in office.
My dad and I always voted for Greg when it was time to vote for him.
Equality for all
When will same-sex marriages be legal in Oregon? It seems like a long time coming.
With each advance in equality there have been the same or similar concerns, “It will unravel the fabric of our families and our society if slaves are free or educated; if women can vote, have reproductive rights, share in equal pay for equal employment. If we provide quality day care, nutrition in schools, homogenized milk or parks or playgrounds.”
Same-sex marriage in Oregon is simply another step in equal access to the same rights, privileges and responsibilities that are accessible to other members of our society.
More like this story
- Sports Briefs for July 27
- Service announcements for July 27: Ada Redlock, Douglas Warnock, Betty Akiyama and Virginia Phillips
- Death notice for July 27: Scott Bauer
- Peters and Lassila engaged
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge