Wednesday, February 12, 2014
I am getting so sick of reading Gary Fields’ letters about our representative Greg Walden. My dad Ralph Smiley helped launch his career and he got elected. When Greg needed my dad’s support, my dad was always there to help him. And Greg has done a great job ever since he’s been in office.
My dad and I always voted for Greg when it was time to vote for him.
Equality for all
When will same-sex marriages be legal in Oregon? It seems like a long time coming.
With each advance in equality there have been the same or similar concerns, “It will unravel the fabric of our families and our society if slaves are free or educated; if women can vote, have reproductive rights, share in equal pay for equal employment. If we provide quality day care, nutrition in schools, homogenized milk or parks or playgrounds.”
Same-sex marriage in Oregon is simply another step in equal access to the same rights, privileges and responsibilities that are accessible to other members of our society.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge