Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Checking out materials from Hood River Library is now easier than ever with the library’s two new “self-check” stations.
These new “self-check” stations have touch-screen monitors. Thanks to an upgrade to the library’s software, the self-checks have a new touch-friendly interface that includes not only the ability to check out, but also to view what items currently are checked out as well as see if you have any holds available to pick up.
In addition to the upstairs self-check that the library already had, there is now one available in the children’s library, too.
Don’t worry; staff will still be happy to assist you in checking out your materials, too.
The new touch-screen monitors were purchased thanks to the Friends of the Library and Library Foundation. For more information, contact the Hood River County Library District at 541-386-2535 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit hoodriverlibrary.org.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
- ‘Air Panther’ goes aloft
- HRV beats OES, Lincoln, to take sailing state championship
- HRV girls lax wins inaugural Navy championship
- HRV baseball routs Eagle Point in Battle of the Eagles, advances to quarterfinal matchup with Ashland
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge