Wednesday, February 12, 2014
A man suspected of committing a murder in Umatilla County last week was arrested early evening Feb. 10 in Hood River, according to Oregon State Police.
OSP Lieutenant Patrick Shortt of The Dalles Area Command reported that Timothy Allan Kelly, 22, was arrested at 5:20 p.m. at the Hood River Marina by the Blue Mountain Enforcement Narcotics Team out of Pendleton.
According to a report by the East Oregonian, Kelly is accused of shooting 25-year-old Daniel Dechand outside of Hermiston the afternoon of Feb. 4. Dechand died from his wounds shortly after arriving at Good Shepherd Medical Center in Hermiston the same afternoon.
Kelly reportedly fled the scene according to the East Oregonian’s story, and the Umatilla County Sheriff’s Office put out an “attempt to locate” alert Friday in all western states for Kelly.
Shortt said it was his understanding that Kelly had eventually decided to turn himself in several days after the incident and that Hood River was the agreed upon location. No definitive information was available as of press time as to why Hood River was the site chosen. Shortt said OSP provided backup during the arrest.
According to the Umatilla County Jail roster, Kelly is currently being held on $1 million bond for the murder charge.
UCSO and the Umatilla County District Attorney’s Office were contacted for more information about the nature of the arrest, but none had been released as of press time.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 3
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge