Wednesday, February 12, 2014
The Columbia Gorge Orchestra Association presents the Sinfonietta in a Valentine’s weekend concert series starting on Friday, Feb. 14, at 7 p.m. at The Dalles Civic Auditorium and Sunday, Feb. 16, at 2 p.m. at the Wy'east Performing Arts Center.
The Sinfonietta will be performing Oskar Boehme’s Concerto for Trumpet, Telemann's Merry, Suite for Strings and Jean Sibelius’ Second Symphony.
Suggested donation is $10.
The Hood River Hotel is offering concert goers a 10 percent discount on Sunday brunch; Romuls and Vietnamese in The Dalles is offering a complimentary dessert with dinner purchase before or after the program. Simply let your server know that you are attending the CGOA performance to receive the special offer.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge