Wednesday, February 12, 2014
The Columbia Gorge Orchestra Association presents the Sinfonietta in a Valentine’s weekend concert series starting on Friday, Feb. 14, at 7 p.m. at The Dalles Civic Auditorium and Sunday, Feb. 16, at 2 p.m. at the Wy'east Performing Arts Center.
The Sinfonietta will be performing Oskar Boehme’s Concerto for Trumpet, Telemann's Merry, Suite for Strings and Jean Sibelius’ Second Symphony.
Suggested donation is $10.
The Hood River Hotel is offering concert goers a 10 percent discount on Sunday brunch; Romuls and Vietnamese in The Dalles is offering a complimentary dessert with dinner purchase before or after the program. Simply let your server know that you are attending the CGOA performance to receive the special offer.
More like this story
- ‘Kindergarten Roundup’ May 1-5 for Hood River County School District
- Students ‘Make a Difference’
- Pick of the Week: Lions Follies benefit Oregon Sight and Hearing Foundation
- Farming film screening and discussion happen April 27
- Rotary Peace Pole
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lure of Hood River Valley’ booklet available in 1927
- Letters to the Editor for April 26
- See Follies: Four strong reasons to attend a classic community event
- Entertainment Update for April 26
- ‘Midsummer’ auditions May 6-7
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge