Wednesday, February 12, 2014
The Columbia Gorge Orchestra Association presents the Sinfonietta in a Valentine’s weekend concert series starting on Friday, Feb. 14, at 7 p.m. at The Dalles Civic Auditorium and Sunday, Feb. 16, at 2 p.m. at the Wy'east Performing Arts Center.
The Sinfonietta will be performing Oskar Boehme’s Concerto for Trumpet, Telemann's Merry, Suite for Strings and Jean Sibelius’ Second Symphony.
Suggested donation is $10.
The Hood River Hotel is offering concert goers a 10 percent discount on Sunday brunch; Romuls and Vietnamese in The Dalles is offering a complimentary dessert with dinner purchase before or after the program. Simply let your server know that you are attending the CGOA performance to receive the special offer.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Horizon Christian ‘changing skyscape’ with new building in 2006
- Teen pleads not guilty to stabbing HR woman
- Hearings begin this week on Longview coal terminal
- White River campground closed
- EnviroGorge announces bird quiz
- Letters to the Editor for May 25
- Santa Cruz, Fetkenhour April ‘Students of the Month’
- Picard resigns from Hood River city council over STR issue
- Cascade Locks city council continuing with Nestlé plans despite passage of 14-55
- An early exit for HRV boys lax, but not a disappointment
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge