Saturday, February 15, 2014
Hood River Valley High School wrestling traveled to The Dalles-Wahtonka Thursday evening for their annual River Clash Cup dual. The Eagles were heavy-handed in their defeat over TDW, coming away with a 63-12 team score and winning all but two matches (results are below). The team hosts a make-up dual Saturday vs. Centennial at HRVHS (JV 2 p.m., varsity 3 p.m.) after the conclusion of a middle school wrestling tournament featuring, among others, Hood River and Wy’east middle school wrestlers.
The team’s district tournament is next weekend at Marshall High School, where the top three will advance to state.
HRV vs. The Dalles (forfeits not listed): Jessica DeHart, win by fall; Eric Cuevas, win by fall; Christian Marquez, win by fall; Junior Rojas, 18-9 win; Chas Peterson, win by fall; Jeremy Fischer, win by tech fall; Steven Swafford, loss by injury default; Max Lane, loss by fall.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge