Saturday, February 15, 2014
Hood River Valley High School wrestling traveled to The Dalles-Wahtonka Thursday evening for their annual River Clash Cup dual. The Eagles were heavy-handed in their defeat over TDW, coming away with a 63-12 team score and winning all but two matches (results are below). The team hosts a make-up dual Saturday vs. Centennial at HRVHS (JV 2 p.m., varsity 3 p.m.) after the conclusion of a middle school wrestling tournament featuring, among others, Hood River and Wy’east middle school wrestlers.
The team’s district tournament is next weekend at Marshall High School, where the top three will advance to state.
HRV vs. The Dalles (forfeits not listed): Jessica DeHart, win by fall; Eric Cuevas, win by fall; Christian Marquez, win by fall; Junior Rojas, 18-9 win; Chas Peterson, win by fall; Jeremy Fischer, win by tech fall; Steven Swafford, loss by injury default; Max Lane, loss by fall.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge