Saturday, February 15, 2014
Hood River Valley High School wrestling traveled to The Dalles-Wahtonka Thursday evening for their annual River Clash Cup dual. The Eagles were heavy-handed in their defeat over TDW, coming away with a 63-12 team score and winning all but two matches (results are below). The team hosts a make-up dual Saturday vs. Centennial at HRVHS (JV 2 p.m., varsity 3 p.m.) after the conclusion of a middle school wrestling tournament featuring, among others, Hood River and Wy’east middle school wrestlers.
The team’s district tournament is next weekend at Marshall High School, where the top three will advance to state.
HRV vs. The Dalles (forfeits not listed): Jessica DeHart, win by fall; Eric Cuevas, win by fall; Christian Marquez, win by fall; Junior Rojas, 18-9 win; Chas Peterson, win by fall; Jeremy Fischer, win by tech fall; Steven Swafford, loss by injury default; Max Lane, loss by fall.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge