Saturday, February 15, 2014
Hood River Valley High School wrestling traveled to The Dalles-Wahtonka Thursday evening for their annual River Clash Cup dual. The Eagles were heavy-handed in their defeat over TDW, coming away with a 63-12 team score and winning all but two matches (results are below). The team hosts a make-up dual Saturday vs. Centennial at HRVHS (JV 2 p.m., varsity 3 p.m.) after the conclusion of a middle school wrestling tournament featuring, among others, Hood River and Wy’east middle school wrestlers.
The team’s district tournament is next weekend at Marshall High School, where the top three will advance to state.
HRV vs. The Dalles (forfeits not listed): Jessica DeHart, win by fall; Eric Cuevas, win by fall; Christian Marquez, win by fall; Junior Rojas, 18-9 win; Chas Peterson, win by fall; Jeremy Fischer, win by tech fall; Steven Swafford, loss by injury default; Max Lane, loss by fall.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge