Saturday, February 15, 2014
Hood River Valley High School wrestling traveled to The Dalles-Wahtonka Thursday evening for their annual River Clash Cup dual. The Eagles were heavy-handed in their defeat over TDW, coming away with a 63-12 team score and winning all but two matches (results are below). The team hosts a make-up dual Saturday vs. Centennial at HRVHS (JV 2 p.m., varsity 3 p.m.) after the conclusion of a middle school wrestling tournament featuring, among others, Hood River and Wy’east middle school wrestlers.
The team’s district tournament is next weekend at Marshall High School, where the top three will advance to state.
HRV vs. The Dalles (forfeits not listed): Jessica DeHart, win by fall; Eric Cuevas, win by fall; Christian Marquez, win by fall; Junior Rojas, 18-9 win; Chas Peterson, win by fall; Jeremy Fischer, win by tech fall; Steven Swafford, loss by injury default; Max Lane, loss by fall.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge