Saturday, February 15, 2014
Kids can sign up now for a theater opportunity hosted by Columbia Center for the Arts.
Missoula Children’s Theater is coming in February for a production of Hansel and Gretel. This is a fun and focused one- week theater experience open to all children in the Gorge, grades 1-12.
No experience or advance preparation is necessary to audition for one of the approximately 55 roles. Auditions are Monday, Feb. 24, at Wy’east Middle School near Odell from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Those auditioning should plan to stay for the full two hours. Some of the cast members will be asked to stay for a rehearsal until 8 p.m. immediately following the auditions.
Rehearsals will be Feb 25 to 28 from 3:30 to 8 p.m. Among the roles to be cast are those intrepid adventurers Hansel and Gretel; their Granny; the Wildwood Witch and her loyal servants the crafty cooks; modern-day campers — somehow lost in time in the wood; lots of Rascals — denizens of the deep; and a flock of cuddly Wallybirds. Assistant directors will also be cast to aid in rehearsals throughout the week and to take on essential backstage responsibilities.
Pre-registration is available now through Hood River Community Education; there is a part for every child so pre-registration is encouraged. The cost is $40 per child. Several scholarships are available if needed. Productions are complete with costumes, scenery, props and makeup.
Register at hrcommunityed.org or call 541-386-2055.
The community is invited to see the performances March 1 at 2:30 p.m. and 5 p.m. at Wy’east Middle School. Tickets are $5 each.
For more information contact Jessica Metta at 541-387-3872 or visit columbia-arts.org/theater.html.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14