Saturday, February 15, 2014
Do you have an open heart and some extra time? Parkhurst House is seeking volunteers who will spend a little time with its residents doing activities that you both enjoy, such as playing cards, exercise, singing, playing a musical instrument, watching movies, scrapbooking, sewing/cross-stitching, religious studies, playing bingo, cooking, reading books, giving manicures, facials or massages, gardening, storytelling, poetry reading, playing sports or board games.
To volunteer call Parkhurst House at 541-387-4600. Parkhurst is located at 2450 May St., Hood River.
Do you crochet, knit or loom? The residents and friends of Parkhurst House Senior Living Community cordially invite you to help create warm hats to give to those in need this coming winter season. The Hat Project members will be donating its creations to various charities in Hood River and Wasco counties.
The group meets each Monday from 10 a.m. to noon at Parkhurst House, 2450 May St., Hood River.
Those wishing to donate yarn, crochet hooks, knitting needles, looms or their own hat creations are welcome to drop them off at Parkhurst house as well. The group is gratefully accepting donations of yarn of any color, weight or blend, in any amount.
For more information contact Terri Hansen at 541-387-4600.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 16
- Gorge Happiness Month: Mandy Kurfurst uses ‘The Daily Three’ to center herself
- Police Log, Nov. 27 to Dec. 10
- ‘Operation Christmas Child’ sets collection record for 2017 campaign
- FutureBus visits Cascade Locks Elementary
- History Museum of Hood River County hosts open house Saturday
- Pet of the Week: Gus the Yorkie is ‘sweetest in town’
- Kegler's Corner: Rod Pratt Bowls Bigly
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Dec. 20 at CCA
- How to help during the holidays