Saturday, February 15, 2014
Do you have an open heart and some extra time? Parkhurst House is seeking volunteers who will spend a little time with its residents doing activities that you both enjoy, such as playing cards, exercise, singing, playing a musical instrument, watching movies, scrapbooking, sewing/cross-stitching, religious studies, playing bingo, cooking, reading books, giving manicures, facials or massages, gardening, storytelling, poetry reading, playing sports or board games.
To volunteer call Parkhurst House at 541-387-4600. Parkhurst is located at 2450 May St., Hood River.
Do you crochet, knit or loom? The residents and friends of Parkhurst House Senior Living Community cordially invite you to help create warm hats to give to those in need this coming winter season. The Hat Project members will be donating its creations to various charities in Hood River and Wasco counties.
The group meets each Monday from 10 a.m. to noon at Parkhurst House, 2450 May St., Hood River.
Those wishing to donate yarn, crochet hooks, knitting needles, looms or their own hat creations are welcome to drop them off at Parkhurst house as well. The group is gratefully accepting donations of yarn of any color, weight or blend, in any amount.
For more information contact Terri Hansen at 541-387-4600.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge