Saturday, February 15, 2014
HRV basketball eyes end of season
Kainalu Bailey led the Hood River Valley High varsity girls basketball team with seven points on the road Tuesday evening in a tough 62-16 loss vs. the Hermiston Bulldogs. Breanna Weekly chipped in with four points, Laura Winans had two and Kassidy Davidson, Jestena Mattson and Kelsey Wells all had one apiece in the team’s fifth straight loss. The team traveled to The Dalles Friday for a matchup against the Eagle-Indians and will host its final two games of the season, Feb. 21 vs. Hermiston and Feb. 25 vs. The Dalles.
Fifteen points for Parker Kennedy and six apiece from Austin Clarke and Kaydin Gibbs highlighted the HRV varsity boys’ stat sheet in their 52-35 loss Tuesday at the Columbia River Conference’s top team, the Hermiston Bulldogs. The Eagles, still winless this season, play four more contests — one on the road (Feb. 14 vs. The Dalles) and their final three at home (Feb. 18 vs. Pendleton, Feb. 21 vs. Hermiston and Feb. 25 vs. The Dalles).
Eagle lacrosse gearing up
Hood River Valley High School boys lacrosse program is hosting a player/parent meeting Tuesday, Feb. 18, 6 p.m. in the HRVHS cafeteria. The meeting is for all prospective players for the upcoming 2014 spring season. For information, contact head coach Jon Munk at email@example.com
In addition, for anyone interested in being a paid youth lacrosse referee, now is the time to get the ball rolling. A mandatory certification clinic will be held March 2, from noon-6 p.m. at Westside School. Pre-registration is required at oylax.org. For more information, contact Terese Roeseler at 541-490-6763.
Cooper Spur scheduled open this weekend
Although weather may throw a wrench into their plans, Cooper Spur Ski Area is planning on being open over this upcoming three-day weekend, Feb. 15-17. The resort listed a 7-inch base as of Friday morning. For updated conditions and hours of operation, visit cooperspur.com or call 541-352-6692.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge