Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Sure, the big snow is melted.
The thermometer at the top of this page, a week later, is covered in raindrops and temperatures are now in the 40s and getting warmer.
But look at these Freeze Frames.
This is how it looked less than a week ago. Our readers and their images remind us of this — cameras being gear de rigeur as much as gloves, inner tubes and snowpants.
This is our celebration of the fun and beauty of winter weather in the Gorge.
Celebration of the fun and beauty of winter weather in the Gorge.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Gorge Owned presents ‘Glacier Caves of the Pacific Northwest’
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge