Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Sure, the big snow is melted.
The thermometer at the top of this page, a week later, is covered in raindrops and temperatures are now in the 40s and getting warmer.
But look at these Freeze Frames.
This is how it looked less than a week ago. Our readers and their images remind us of this — cameras being gear de rigeur as much as gloves, inner tubes and snowpants.
This is our celebration of the fun and beauty of winter weather in the Gorge.
Celebration of the fun and beauty of winter weather in the Gorge.
More like this story
- Library Tree
- Yesteryears: Phase one of new skate park slated to begin in September 1996
- Around the Gorge: Genealogy and more scheduled for Gorge-area venues
- ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors’ Friday
- Archers urged beware of fire dangers, note new regulations
- Idlewilde Cemetery ‘residents’ are not forgotten, thanks to Cemetery Tales
- Roots and Branches: Drums, song carry Minoru Yasui’s message forward
- Washington responders to get notice of oil train shipments
- Oregon Poet Laureate advising Celilo Park project
- Historic Highway trail piece opens Sept. 24
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge