Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Sure, the big snow is melted.
The thermometer at the top of this page, a week later, is covered in raindrops and temperatures are now in the 40s and getting warmer.
But look at these Freeze Frames.
This is how it looked less than a week ago. Our readers and their images remind us of this — cameras being gear de rigeur as much as gloves, inner tubes and snowpants.
This is our celebration of the fun and beauty of winter weather in the Gorge.
Celebration of the fun and beauty of winter weather in the Gorge.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge