Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Sure, the big snow is melted.
The thermometer at the top of this page, a week later, is covered in raindrops and temperatures are now in the 40s and getting warmer.
But look at these Freeze Frames.
This is how it looked less than a week ago. Our readers and their images remind us of this — cameras being gear de rigeur as much as gloves, inner tubes and snowpants.
This is our celebration of the fun and beauty of winter weather in the Gorge.
Celebration of the fun and beauty of winter weather in the Gorge.
More like this story
- Distillers’ welcome
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 14 edition
- Wyden joins colleagues urging gun violence research renewal
- Sheriff Log, Sept. 22 to Oct. 8
- Police Log, Oct. 2 to 8
- HRV boys soccer continues to battle despite ‘ugly’ play
- Kegler's Corner: Riggleman and Goss Light ‘Em Up
- Sports briefs for Oct. 14
- Strength After Breast Cancer class Oct. 25
- HAHRC Beats: Get into Gorge Happiness Month
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge