Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Sure, the big snow is melted.
The thermometer at the top of this page, a week later, is covered in raindrops and temperatures are now in the 40s and getting warmer.
But look at these Freeze Frames.
This is how it looked less than a week ago. Our readers and their images remind us of this — cameras being gear de rigeur as much as gloves, inner tubes and snowpants.
This is our celebration of the fun and beauty of winter weather in the Gorge.
Celebration of the fun and beauty of winter weather in the Gorge.
More like this story
- Church News: Updated Vacation Bible School list
- Death notices for June 25: Dorothy McPherren and Victoria Long
- Yesteryears: 911 comes to Hood River County in 1986
- Mt. Hood Town Hall Summer BBQ
- Oregon Trail Tea Time
- ‘Art in the Gorge’ show in Hood River July 1-3
- Cascade Observations: Making New Friends, Keeping the Old
- History links Mike’s (30 years) and Tum-A-Lum (110)
- Parkdale mason crafts new ‘masterpiece’ at Cape Horn
- Portland leaders ask governors to ban oil-by-rail
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge