Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Gorge Roller Girls win season opener
The Gorge Roller Girls roller derby team won its season opener Saturday night in The Dalles. GRG played to an exciting 213-163 win over the Southern Oregon Roller Girls in front of a large and loud audience at The Dalles High School. Coverage of the event, photos and a details about upcoming games will be featured in the Feb. 22 Hood River News.
Paid youth lacrosse referees sought
For anyone interested in being a paid youth lacrosse referee, now is the time to get the ball rolling. A mandatory certification clinic will be held March 2, from noon-6 p.m. at Westside School. Preregistration is required at oylax.org. For more information, contact Terese Roeseler at 541-490-6763.
HRV soccer hosts youth indoor academy
An indoor soccer academy for kids ages 4-10 will run one evening a week starting early April and ending early May at Wy’east Middle School. Age groups will be divided into 4-5, 6-7 and 8-10-year-olds with an emphasis on fun and developing ball control and game awareness through drills and activities. The fee is $75 per player — discounted rates available — and proceeds will go to fund Hood River Valley High School boys and girls soccer programs. Sign-ups are through Hood River Community Education at hrcommunityed.org. For more information contact Jaime Rivera at 541-490-0699.
Send sports briefs to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge