Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Gorge Roller Girls win season opener
The Gorge Roller Girls roller derby team won its season opener Saturday night in The Dalles. GRG played to an exciting 213-163 win over the Southern Oregon Roller Girls in front of a large and loud audience at The Dalles High School. Coverage of the event, photos and a details about upcoming games will be featured in the Feb. 22 Hood River News.
Paid youth lacrosse referees sought
For anyone interested in being a paid youth lacrosse referee, now is the time to get the ball rolling. A mandatory certification clinic will be held March 2, from noon-6 p.m. at Westside School. Preregistration is required at oylax.org. For more information, contact Terese Roeseler at 541-490-6763.
HRV soccer hosts youth indoor academy
An indoor soccer academy for kids ages 4-10 will run one evening a week starting early April and ending early May at Wy’east Middle School. Age groups will be divided into 4-5, 6-7 and 8-10-year-olds with an emphasis on fun and developing ball control and game awareness through drills and activities. The fee is $75 per player — discounted rates available — and proceeds will go to fund Hood River Valley High School boys and girls soccer programs. Sign-ups are through Hood River Community Education at hrcommunityed.org. For more information contact Jaime Rivera at 541-490-0699.
Send sports briefs to: email@example.com.
More like this story
- Service Announcement for Oct. 26: Vernon Picking
- Death Notices for Oct. 26: Mary Stinson, Wilma Bolton, Kathleen Coffey, Thomas Pierce and Evelyn Helseth
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge