Tuesday, February 25, 2014
Carl Selin, 87, passed away Sunday, Feb. 23, 2014, surrounded by those he loved at his home in Hood River, Ore. He was born Feb. 23, 1927.
A military honors ceremony is planned for 2 p.m. Thursday, March 6, at Willamette National Cemetery, 11800 S.E. Mt. Scott Blvd., Portland, OR 97086.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Trail help needed at Binns Hill
- Death notices for April 29: Martha Fitzgerald and Dorthalee Garrett
- Service announcements for April 29: Louis Herzberg, Sami Jo Neil and Hester Feely
- ‘Kindergarten Roundup’ May 1-5 for Hood River County School District
- Students ‘Make a Difference’
- Pick of the Week: Lions Follies benefit Oregon Sight and Hearing Foundation
- Farming film screening and discussion happen April 27
- Rotary Peace Pole
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lure of Hood River Valley’ booklet available in 1927
- Letters to the Editor for April 26
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge