Tuesday, February 25, 2014
Carl Selin, 87, passed away Sunday, Feb. 23, 2014, surrounded by those he loved at his home in Hood River, Ore. He was born Feb. 23, 1927.
A military honors ceremony is planned for 2 p.m. Thursday, March 6, at Willamette National Cemetery, 11800 S.E. Mt. Scott Blvd., Portland, OR 97086.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Death Notices, Oct. 18 edition:
- Service Announcement, Oct. 18 edition: Jack Thornton
- ‘Heart of Gold’ nominations sought
- Slowdowns on I-84 Thursday due to blasting
- Distillers’ welcome
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 14 edition
- Wyden joins colleagues urging gun violence research renewal
- Sheriff Log, Sept. 22 to Oct. 8
- Police Log, Oct. 2 to 8
- HRV boys soccer continues to battle despite ‘ugly’ play
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge