Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Lunafest Film Festival by, for and about women is scheduled for March 12 and 13 at Columbia Center for the Arts. The film festival is presented by Soroptimist of Hood River and includes stories of reflection, hope and humor from around the world.
Lunafest connects women, their stories and their causes through film.
This traveling film festival spotlights the work of a diverse array of talented women filmmakers with intelligent, funny and thought-provoking films. Profits from the screening to the Breast Cancer Fund and Soroptimist of Hood River scholarships for women who are head of household.
Screening begins at 7 p.m., with doors opening at 6 p.m. The tickets are $10 and are available at Waucoma Bookstore and Columbia Center for the Arts.
Sponsors for this year’s event include the Tofurky Company and Providence Hood River.
The Tofurky Company (family owned and independent) makes nutritious and affordable vegetarian products locally in Hood River, Their products are non-GMO, plant based meat substitutes. Providence Hood River will be distributing information concerning mammograms and breast cancer issues.
More like this story
- Service Announcement for Oct. 26: Vernon Picking
- Death Notices for Oct. 26: Mary Stinson, Wilma Bolton, Kathleen Coffey, Thomas Pierce and Evelyn Helseth
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge