Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Lunafest Film Festival by, for and about women is scheduled for March 12 and 13 at Columbia Center for the Arts. The film festival is presented by Soroptimist of Hood River and includes stories of reflection, hope and humor from around the world.
Lunafest connects women, their stories and their causes through film.
This traveling film festival spotlights the work of a diverse array of talented women filmmakers with intelligent, funny and thought-provoking films. Profits from the screening to the Breast Cancer Fund and Soroptimist of Hood River scholarships for women who are head of household.
Screening begins at 7 p.m., with doors opening at 6 p.m. The tickets are $10 and are available at Waucoma Bookstore and Columbia Center for the Arts.
Sponsors for this year’s event include the Tofurky Company and Providence Hood River.
The Tofurky Company (family owned and independent) makes nutritious and affordable vegetarian products locally in Hood River, Their products are non-GMO, plant based meat substitutes. Providence Hood River will be distributing information concerning mammograms and breast cancer issues.
More like this story
- YESTERYEARS: New Safeway store on Second and Cascade expected in 1947
- Pritchett, Haskins to wed
- Roots and Branches: Cherry Harvest
- Pick of the Week: Children’s Park public meeting July 20
- Travelogue: Panama
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Editor's Notebook: By George, one’s own name is a basic sweet spot in your sense of identity
- Letters to the Editor for July 19
- Another Voice: Preserve our agricultural heritage by making Tanner Ranch a park
- The comfort of quilts: Comfort Quilt Project underway at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge