Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Lunafest Film Festival by, for and about women is scheduled for March 12 and 13 at Columbia Center for the Arts. The film festival is presented by Soroptimist of Hood River and includes stories of reflection, hope and humor from around the world.
Lunafest connects women, their stories and their causes through film.
This traveling film festival spotlights the work of a diverse array of talented women filmmakers with intelligent, funny and thought-provoking films. Profits from the screening to the Breast Cancer Fund and Soroptimist of Hood River scholarships for women who are head of household.
Screening begins at 7 p.m., with doors opening at 6 p.m. The tickets are $10 and are available at Waucoma Bookstore and Columbia Center for the Arts.
Sponsors for this year’s event include the Tofurky Company and Providence Hood River.
The Tofurky Company (family owned and independent) makes nutritious and affordable vegetarian products locally in Hood River, Their products are non-GMO, plant based meat substitutes. Providence Hood River will be distributing information concerning mammograms and breast cancer issues.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge