Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Lunafest Film Festival by, for and about women is scheduled for March 12 and 13 at Columbia Center for the Arts. The film festival is presented by Soroptimist of Hood River and includes stories of reflection, hope and humor from around the world.
Lunafest connects women, their stories and their causes through film.
This traveling film festival spotlights the work of a diverse array of talented women filmmakers with intelligent, funny and thought-provoking films. Profits from the screening to the Breast Cancer Fund and Soroptimist of Hood River scholarships for women who are head of household.
Screening begins at 7 p.m., with doors opening at 6 p.m. The tickets are $10 and are available at Waucoma Bookstore and Columbia Center for the Arts.
Sponsors for this year’s event include the Tofurky Company and Providence Hood River.
The Tofurky Company (family owned and independent) makes nutritious and affordable vegetarian products locally in Hood River, Their products are non-GMO, plant based meat substitutes. Providence Hood River will be distributing information concerning mammograms and breast cancer issues.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
- Fruit and Craft Fair adds ranch sorting and other events
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge