Wednesday, February 26, 2014
The 50th Annual Pine Grove Rural Fire Department Auction takes place March 1 beginning at 9 a.m., and even with unfavorable weather conditions, the station has accumulated quite a collection of items to sell.
Mike Frahm, auction chair, said the department has received a lot of furniture and “inside stuff,” including a quilt frame. Outside equipment is still a little light — they’re particularly looking for fuel tanks, tools, lawn mowers and some building materials — but they have received a couple of tractors, a pickup truck, camper, a flatbed truck and a bin trailer.
And if you need a rolling garage door, they’ve got that as well.
To celebrate the department’s 50th anniversary auction, they’ve made up special ball caps for the firefighters to wear. Caps will also be sold and given away.
A Country Kitchen will serve food, coffee and popcorn. The fire station is located on Van Horn Drive, just off Highway 35, five miles south of Hood River. Parking is along Van Horn and where drivers can safely fit vehicles in along adjoining orchards.
Money made from the auction goes toward the purchase of special equipment for the department. In the past, they’ve purchased defibulators and a “trash pump,” so called because it pumps dirty water out of flooded basements.
Items can still be dropped off at the Pine Grove Rural Fire Department; call 541-386-2900 to arrange a time.
More like this story
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
- FILL THE BOOT
- 4-H Results, 2017 Hood River County Fair
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge