Wednesday, February 26, 2014
The Regional Bach Festival, sponsored by the Oregon Music Teachers Association, was held in Pendleton Feb. 16. Students from teachers in the Pendleton-Umatilla Valley area and the Columbia River Gorge competed in an afternoon of Baroque music that included pianists, violinists and vocalists.
The outcome of this competition is an opportunity to play in the final event recital held in Corvallis March 2.
Winners from the local area are: Phoebe Wood and Kristian Apland, violinists, students of Kathy Apland; and Amy Requa, Cooper Holzman, Zaira Castillo and Nathan Reimche-Vu, piano students of Diana Beterbide.
Pianists who received honorable mention were Luisa Meyer, student of EJ Howe; Jonathan Harris, student of Kathy Apland; and Austin Requa, student of Diana Beterbide.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill