Wednesday, February 26, 2014
The Regional Bach Festival, sponsored by the Oregon Music Teachers Association, was held in Pendleton Feb. 16. Students from teachers in the Pendleton-Umatilla Valley area and the Columbia River Gorge competed in an afternoon of Baroque music that included pianists, violinists and vocalists.
The outcome of this competition is an opportunity to play in the final event recital held in Corvallis March 2.
Winners from the local area are: Phoebe Wood and Kristian Apland, violinists, students of Kathy Apland; and Amy Requa, Cooper Holzman, Zaira Castillo and Nathan Reimche-Vu, piano students of Diana Beterbide.
Pianists who received honorable mention were Luisa Meyer, student of EJ Howe; Jonathan Harris, student of Kathy Apland; and Austin Requa, student of Diana Beterbide.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge