Wednesday, February 26, 2014
The Regional Bach Festival, sponsored by the Oregon Music Teachers Association, was held in Pendleton Feb. 16. Students from teachers in the Pendleton-Umatilla Valley area and the Columbia River Gorge competed in an afternoon of Baroque music that included pianists, violinists and vocalists.
The outcome of this competition is an opportunity to play in the final event recital held in Corvallis March 2.
Winners from the local area are: Phoebe Wood and Kristian Apland, violinists, students of Kathy Apland; and Amy Requa, Cooper Holzman, Zaira Castillo and Nathan Reimche-Vu, piano students of Diana Beterbide.
Pianists who received honorable mention were Luisa Meyer, student of EJ Howe; Jonathan Harris, student of Kathy Apland; and Austin Requa, student of Diana Beterbide.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge