Wednesday, February 26, 2014
The Regional Bach Festival, sponsored by the Oregon Music Teachers Association, was held in Pendleton Feb. 16. Students from teachers in the Pendleton-Umatilla Valley area and the Columbia River Gorge competed in an afternoon of Baroque music that included pianists, violinists and vocalists.
The outcome of this competition is an opportunity to play in the final event recital held in Corvallis March 2.
Winners from the local area are: Phoebe Wood and Kristian Apland, violinists, students of Kathy Apland; and Amy Requa, Cooper Holzman, Zaira Castillo and Nathan Reimche-Vu, piano students of Diana Beterbide.
Pianists who received honorable mention were Luisa Meyer, student of EJ Howe; Jonathan Harris, student of Kathy Apland; and Austin Requa, student of Diana Beterbide.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge