Wednesday, February 26, 2014
The Regional Bach Festival, sponsored by the Oregon Music Teachers Association, was held in Pendleton Feb. 16. Students from teachers in the Pendleton-Umatilla Valley area and the Columbia River Gorge competed in an afternoon of Baroque music that included pianists, violinists and vocalists.
The outcome of this competition is an opportunity to play in the final event recital held in Corvallis March 2.
Winners from the local area are: Phoebe Wood and Kristian Apland, violinists, students of Kathy Apland; and Amy Requa, Cooper Holzman, Zaira Castillo and Nathan Reimche-Vu, piano students of Diana Beterbide.
Pianists who received honorable mention were Luisa Meyer, student of EJ Howe; Jonathan Harris, student of Kathy Apland; and Austin Requa, student of Diana Beterbide.
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge