Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Soroptimist International of Hood River invites individuals and organizations to honor a woman in their midst whose professional or volunteer work has made a distinctive difference in the life of Hood River County or in the lives of women and girls.
Nominations for the service club’s annual Women of Distinction award are being accepted until Saturday, March 29.
“Soroptimist of Hood River has been honoring women in our community for almost 40 years and we never run out of worthy nominees,” says committee chair Jean Harmon. “Our larger community benefits from the work of these outstanding citizens and we ask your help in making sure they are recognized.”
Nomination forms and guidelines and a list of previous winners are available at Waucoma Bookstore, at soroptimisthoodriver.com, or by calling June Knudson, 541-760-6050. Nominations need to include all activities that show the nominee’s dedication, effectiveness and vision. Letters of support are particularly helpful.
Winners and their nominators will be notified in early April, and their names will be announced in the Hood River News and on local radio stations. The Women of Distinction awards luncheon is scheduled for May 14, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., at the Best Western Hood River Inn. Tickets are $18 and will be sold at Waucoma Bookstore in late April.
Soroptimist of Hood River, part of Soroptimist International, is a business and professional women’s service organization dedicated to improving the lives of women and girls in local communities and throughout the world.
To learn more about Soroptimist International, visit soroptimist.org. To learn more about Soroptimist International of Hood River, go to soroptimisthoodriver.com.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge