Friday, January 3, 2014
A committal service with military honors for Gresham resident Gerald Jason Lyons will be at 12:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 10, at Willamette National Cemetery in Portland, Ore.
Gerald, 90, passed away Dec. 29, 2013, in Portland. He was born July 6, 1923, in Kenesaw, Neb., to George and Clara (Culip) Lyons.
Gerald is survived by his daughters: Linda Smith, Sharon Lee Roberts and Jeri Anne Cleaver; sister Raydean Lyons; six grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren and six great-great-grandchildren.
The family suggests contributions to the hospice of your choice.
Arrangements are under the direction of Affordable Funeral Alternatives, 135 N.W. First, Ste. 2, Gresham, OR 97030; 503-618-9396.
Melvin ‘Chuck’ Picking
Melvin H. “Chuck” Picking, 90, passed away Thursday, Jan. 2, 2014, at Ashley Manor in Hood River, Ore. Melvin was born Jan. 10, 1923.
Services are pending with arrangements under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge