Friday, January 3, 2014
A committal service with military honors for Gresham resident Gerald Jason Lyons will be at 12:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 10, at Willamette National Cemetery in Portland, Ore.
Gerald, 90, passed away Dec. 29, 2013, in Portland. He was born July 6, 1923, in Kenesaw, Neb., to George and Clara (Culip) Lyons.
Gerald is survived by his daughters: Linda Smith, Sharon Lee Roberts and Jeri Anne Cleaver; sister Raydean Lyons; six grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren and six great-great-grandchildren.
The family suggests contributions to the hospice of your choice.
Arrangements are under the direction of Affordable Funeral Alternatives, 135 N.W. First, Ste. 2, Gresham, OR 97030; 503-618-9396.
Melvin ‘Chuck’ Picking
Melvin H. “Chuck” Picking, 90, passed away Thursday, Jan. 2, 2014, at Ashley Manor in Hood River, Ore. Melvin was born Jan. 10, 1923.
Services are pending with arrangements under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge