Friday, January 3, 2014
A committal service with military honors for Gresham resident Gerald Jason Lyons will be at 12:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 10, at Willamette National Cemetery in Portland, Ore.
Gerald, 90, passed away Dec. 29, 2013, in Portland. He was born July 6, 1923, in Kenesaw, Neb., to George and Clara (Culip) Lyons.
Gerald is survived by his daughters: Linda Smith, Sharon Lee Roberts and Jeri Anne Cleaver; sister Raydean Lyons; six grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren and six great-great-grandchildren.
The family suggests contributions to the hospice of your choice.
Arrangements are under the direction of Affordable Funeral Alternatives, 135 N.W. First, Ste. 2, Gresham, OR 97030; 503-618-9396.
Melvin ‘Chuck’ Picking
Melvin H. “Chuck” Picking, 90, passed away Thursday, Jan. 2, 2014, at Ashley Manor in Hood River, Ore. Melvin was born Jan. 10, 1923.
Services are pending with arrangements under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 30
- Vital Content: The Web would be sparse landscape without newspapers
- Love Your Columbia In CL, tribal leaders lead salmon viewing Oct. 8
- Warm Springs tribe member describes Dakota pipeline experiences Oct. 4 at RCC
- Church Notes: ‘Die Wise’ book program starts Sunday at Riverside
- Ribbon cutting at Museum
- Mediation training at Six Rivers starts Oct. 6
- May Street celebrates Walk/Bike to School Day
- Food insecurity: 'Harvesting’ art exhibit, meal and public conversation in downtown HR Oct. 7
- 12th Street opens
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge