Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Disney/Pixar’s animated adventure movie “Finding Nemo” will be shown at the Hood River Aquatic Center on Saturday, Jan. 25, as a Hood River Valley Parks and Rec fundraising event.
Kids and adults will be able to swim in the pool during the movie. Inner tubes will be available for a $2 rental fee and donations will be accepted at the door. The evening starts at 5:30 p.m. and there is an open swim prior to the event, which is sponsored by Central Practice Association, Pageworks, Kidz Dental Zone, Healthy Active Hood River County, Hood River County School District and Hood River Valley Parks and Recreation.
Money raised from the event will help children in need stay active by providing recreational scholarships and a summer swim bus for Upper Valley children.
More like this story
- Cascade Locks brush fire contained
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge