Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Disney/Pixar’s animated adventure movie “Finding Nemo” will be shown at the Hood River Aquatic Center on Saturday, Jan. 25, as a Hood River Valley Parks and Rec fundraising event.
Kids and adults will be able to swim in the pool during the movie. Inner tubes will be available for a $2 rental fee and donations will be accepted at the door. The evening starts at 5:30 p.m. and there is an open swim prior to the event, which is sponsored by Central Practice Association, Pageworks, Kidz Dental Zone, Healthy Active Hood River County, Hood River County School District and Hood River Valley Parks and Recreation.
Money raised from the event will help children in need stay active by providing recreational scholarships and a summer swim bus for Upper Valley children.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge