Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Disney/Pixar’s animated adventure movie “Finding Nemo” will be shown at the Hood River Aquatic Center on Saturday, Jan. 25, as a Hood River Valley Parks and Rec fundraising event.
Kids and adults will be able to swim in the pool during the movie. Inner tubes will be available for a $2 rental fee and donations will be accepted at the door. The evening starts at 5:30 p.m. and there is an open swim prior to the event, which is sponsored by Central Practice Association, Pageworks, Kidz Dental Zone, Healthy Active Hood River County, Hood River County School District and Hood River Valley Parks and Recreation.
Money raised from the event will help children in need stay active by providing recreational scholarships and a summer swim bus for Upper Valley children.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge