Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Disney/Pixar’s animated adventure movie “Finding Nemo” will be shown at the Hood River Aquatic Center on Saturday, Jan. 25, as a Hood River Valley Parks and Rec fundraising event.
Kids and adults will be able to swim in the pool during the movie. Inner tubes will be available for a $2 rental fee and donations will be accepted at the door. The evening starts at 5:30 p.m. and there is an open swim prior to the event, which is sponsored by Central Practice Association, Pageworks, Kidz Dental Zone, Healthy Active Hood River County, Hood River County School District and Hood River Valley Parks and Recreation.
Money raised from the event will help children in need stay active by providing recreational scholarships and a summer swim bus for Upper Valley children.
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge