Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Disney/Pixar’s animated adventure movie “Finding Nemo” will be shown at the Hood River Aquatic Center on Saturday, Jan. 25, as a Hood River Valley Parks and Rec fundraising event.
Kids and adults will be able to swim in the pool during the movie. Inner tubes will be available for a $2 rental fee and donations will be accepted at the door. The evening starts at 5:30 p.m. and there is an open swim prior to the event, which is sponsored by Central Practice Association, Pageworks, Kidz Dental Zone, Healthy Active Hood River County, Hood River County School District and Hood River Valley Parks and Recreation.
Money raised from the event will help children in need stay active by providing recreational scholarships and a summer swim bus for Upper Valley children.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events