Wednesday, January 8, 2014
This month, the Hood River Library Book Club is discussing “Look Again” by Lisa Scottoline, the thrilling tale of a journalist who discovers that the child she adopted may have been stolen before he came into her life.
Join the discussion on Thursday, Jan. 16, at 6:30 p.m.
This program is free and open to the public. Copies of the book may be checked out at any Hood River County Library District location.
Library offers free e-reader classes
Did you get a shiny new Nook, Kindle, Kobo or iPad as a gift? Are you wondering what the big deal is about e-books? Have you heard that you can download e-books to your phone or tablet and want to know how?
No matter your interest, you’ll want to come to a free class on e-books and e-readers with the Hood River County Library District. Two classes will be held: Saturday, Jan. 18, at 11 a.m. and Wednesday, Jan. 22, at 7 p.m., both at Hood River Library.
The classes will explain about e-books, where you can get them, the devices on which you can read them, and more. It will also discuss how you can check out free e-books through the Library District’s Library2Go downloadable media service or buy them from Waucoma Bookstore’s e-book store.
Interested in more personal attention? Hood River County Library District is happy to help people with their e-readers and other mobile devices, especially on how to use the downloadable media service Library2Go. To schedule an appointment, contact them at 541-386-2535.
This class is free and open to the public.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge