Wednesday, January 8, 2014
The Hood River Committee of Oregon United for Marriage collected in excess of 450 signatures in the week before Christmas in a drive to place a constitutional amendment on the Nov. 4 ballot.
If passed, marriage between couples of same gender would be legally recognized.
Statewide the petition drive will continue through February. To date 120,000 signatures have been collected.
The Hood River Committee hopes to have signature gatherers at public places from Jan. 15- 22 and Feb. 5-12.
For up-to-date information see the Oregon United for Marriage – Hood River Facebook page.
Meet-up times and dates for those wishing to participate in gathering signatures will be announced at a later date.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge