Wednesday, January 8, 2014
The Hood River Committee of Oregon United for Marriage collected in excess of 450 signatures in the week before Christmas in a drive to place a constitutional amendment on the Nov. 4 ballot.
If passed, marriage between couples of same gender would be legally recognized.
Statewide the petition drive will continue through February. To date 120,000 signatures have been collected.
The Hood River Committee hopes to have signature gatherers at public places from Jan. 15- 22 and Feb. 5-12.
For up-to-date information see the Oregon United for Marriage – Hood River Facebook page.
Meet-up times and dates for those wishing to participate in gathering signatures will be announced at a later date.
More like this story
- Marimba ‘Mid Winter Party’
- YESTERYEARS: School District No. 3 projects new high school on May Street in 1926
- Are You Ready? Survival 101
- Lyle School celebrates standout science student
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Imagining a world with no winners and no losers
- The Ale List: Sense of Place lecture focuses on ‘hoppy history’
- Free tax help through April in HR and TD
- Sheriff Log, Jan. 24 to 31
- Police Log, Jan. 25 to 31
- Public Records: Building permits, city, January 2016