Wednesday, January 8, 2014
The Hood River Committee of Oregon United for Marriage collected in excess of 450 signatures in the week before Christmas in a drive to place a constitutional amendment on the Nov. 4 ballot.
If passed, marriage between couples of same gender would be legally recognized.
Statewide the petition drive will continue through February. To date 120,000 signatures have been collected.
The Hood River Committee hopes to have signature gatherers at public places from Jan. 15- 22 and Feb. 5-12.
For up-to-date information see the Oregon United for Marriage – Hood River Facebook page.
Meet-up times and dates for those wishing to participate in gathering signatures will be announced at a later date.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge