Wednesday, January 8, 2014
The Hood River Committee of Oregon United for Marriage collected in excess of 450 signatures in the week before Christmas in a drive to place a constitutional amendment on the Nov. 4 ballot.
If passed, marriage between couples of same gender would be legally recognized.
Statewide the petition drive will continue through February. To date 120,000 signatures have been collected.
The Hood River Committee hopes to have signature gatherers at public places from Jan. 15- 22 and Feb. 5-12.
For up-to-date information see the Oregon United for Marriage – Hood River Facebook page.
Meet-up times and dates for those wishing to participate in gathering signatures will be announced at a later date.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 23 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: Helping kids be better readers is a SMART move
- Monday in CL: Fire recovery information presented at Port Pavilion
- Thank you, firefighters
- Summer of Smoke
- Foundation gives $50,000 to library for collections, projects
- Another Voice: Finding ‘Best of All Worlds’ in the area of cell tower permit requests
- Hawk Migration Festival Sept. 23
- ‘Rosencrantz and Guildenstern’ Sunday
- Fun, or learning, or both: A week full of local events and activities
"The tangled skirt" opens run at unique venue
Director Judie Hanel presents the Steve Braunstein play “The Tangled Skirt” in an unusual theatrical setting, River Daze Café. Here, Bailey Brice (Bruce Howard) arrives at a small town bus station and has a fateful encounter with Rhonda Claire (Desiree Amyx Mackintosh). Small talk turns into a deadly game of cat and mouse and both seek advantage. The actors present the story as a staged reading in the café, where large windows and street lights lend themselves to the bus station setting, according to Hanel. Performances are 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 28, Saturday, Sept. 30 and Sunday, Oct. 1. (There is no Friday performance.) Tickets available at the door or Waucoma Bookstore: $15 adults, $12 seniors and children under 15. No children under 9. Enlarge