Wednesday, January 8, 2014
The Hood River Committee of Oregon United for Marriage collected in excess of 450 signatures in the week before Christmas in a drive to place a constitutional amendment on the Nov. 4 ballot.
If passed, marriage between couples of same gender would be legally recognized.
Statewide the petition drive will continue through February. To date 120,000 signatures have been collected.
The Hood River Committee hopes to have signature gatherers at public places from Jan. 15- 22 and Feb. 5-12.
For up-to-date information see the Oregon United for Marriage – Hood River Facebook page.
Meet-up times and dates for those wishing to participate in gathering signatures will be announced at a later date.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge