Saturday, January 11, 2014
Hood River native and urban snowboarder extraordinaire Dylan Thompson is in the running for X-Games gold in a video contest called Real Snow. Deemed one of the world’s best urban snowboarders, Thompson is up against seven others in a video contest featured as part of the 2014 X-Games (Jan. 23-26). Each of the eight riders submitted 60-second video clips of themselves in action — which are insane, to say the least — and will be judged both by an online voting system and a panel of professional X-Game judges. A fan-favorite award will be given to the rider who gets the most online votes, while winners of the judged contest will be awarded medals and announced during a live broadcast of the X-Games in Aspen.
In the first round of online voting, Thompson is up against Quebec rider Louif Paradis, who was last year’s Real Snow gold medalist. Winners from each round will advance to the next. Voting is free and people can vote once a day for their favorite rider. To see Thompson’s clip, visit xgames.com or find it direct at the following link: http://xgam.es/1gE9itg.
More like this story
- Cider Central: Cider Café opens, ’Gorge Society’ rebrands
- HR Library hosts Songwriters in the Round Sept. 16
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 5
- Labor Day: Drive with care, and take a moment to honor workers who can’t take a break
- Editor's Notebook: Will guards’ new disdain cancel refugees tickets’ aboard today’s European train?
- Police Log, Aug. 24 to 30
- Building Permits, City, August 2015
- HRV girls soccer looks to continue its winning ways
- Sports Briefs for Sept. 5
- Young team, playoff dreams for HRV volleyball
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge