Saturday, January 11, 2014
Hood River native and urban snowboarder extraordinaire Dylan Thompson is in the running for X-Games gold in a video contest called Real Snow. Deemed one of the world’s best urban snowboarders, Thompson is up against seven others in a video contest featured as part of the 2014 X-Games (Jan. 23-26). Each of the eight riders submitted 60-second video clips of themselves in action — which are insane, to say the least — and will be judged both by an online voting system and a panel of professional X-Game judges. A fan-favorite award will be given to the rider who gets the most online votes, while winners of the judged contest will be awarded medals and announced during a live broadcast of the X-Games in Aspen.
In the first round of online voting, Thompson is up against Quebec rider Louif Paradis, who was last year’s Real Snow gold medalist. Winners from each round will advance to the next. Voting is free and people can vote once a day for their favorite rider. To see Thompson’s clip, visit xgames.com or find it direct at the following link: http://xgam.es/1gE9itg.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge