Saturday, January 11, 2014
Hood River native and urban snowboarder extraordinaire Dylan Thompson is in the running for X-Games gold in a video contest called Real Snow. Deemed one of the world’s best urban snowboarders, Thompson is up against seven others in a video contest featured as part of the 2014 X-Games (Jan. 23-26). Each of the eight riders submitted 60-second video clips of themselves in action — which are insane, to say the least — and will be judged both by an online voting system and a panel of professional X-Game judges. A fan-favorite award will be given to the rider who gets the most online votes, while winners of the judged contest will be awarded medals and announced during a live broadcast of the X-Games in Aspen.
In the first round of online voting, Thompson is up against Quebec rider Louif Paradis, who was last year’s Real Snow gold medalist. Winners from each round will advance to the next. Voting is free and people can vote once a day for their favorite rider. To see Thompson’s clip, visit xgames.com or find it direct at the following link: http://xgam.es/1gE9itg.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events