Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Martha Ellen Brewer, 65, a former resident of Mosier, passed away Tuesday, Jan. 7, 2014, at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center in Portland, Ore. Martha was born Sept. 15, 1948.
Services are planned for 1 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 18, at Anderson’s Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River. Viewing is planned from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, Jan. 17, also at Anderson’s.
Martha’s family is accepting donations to help with her arrangements; call Anderson’s at 541-386-1000 to help or make a donation. Please visit andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge