Wednesday, January 15, 2014
The first pitch of the 2014 Little League season will be thrown in less than 60 days. Sign-ups for the league run Feb. 4-6, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Westside, Parkdale and Mid Valley elementary schools. Tryouts are set for March 1 and 3 at the HRVHS baseball field. More specific details for tryouts will be announced after sign-ups. Cost to play this season will be $25 per player or $45 each for families with more than two players; scholarships are available.
As of September 2013, the local Little League program went through some drastic changes. The board of directors have been working hard to make sure those changes help create a positive experience for all participants. One of the ways organizers are ensuring this is to gather ideas in a two-question anonymous survey, designed to find out what the community thinks works well and what could be improved upon.
Find a link to the survey at hoodriverlittleleague.org.
Hood River Little League board members are as follows: president, Sean Spellacy; vice president, Eric Foster; secretary, Melanie Nickelson; safety officer, Vince Wilson; treasurer, Jody Losee; player agent, Michelle Jacobs; coaching coordinator, Erich Harjo; concessions manager, Lindsay Duddles; fundraising manager, Kinzer Hough; head umpire, Dave Cunningham; information officer, Jan Homer; field operations, Nathan Stanton; Parkdale chair, Mike Lucas; Hood River chair, Keith Howell; Odell chair, Machel Rivera.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events