Wednesday, January 15, 2014
The first pitch of the 2014 Little League season will be thrown in less than 60 days. Sign-ups for the league run Feb. 4-6, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Westside, Parkdale and Mid Valley elementary schools. Tryouts are set for March 1 and 3 at the HRVHS baseball field. More specific details for tryouts will be announced after sign-ups. Cost to play this season will be $25 per player or $45 each for families with more than two players; scholarships are available.
As of September 2013, the local Little League program went through some drastic changes. The board of directors have been working hard to make sure those changes help create a positive experience for all participants. One of the ways organizers are ensuring this is to gather ideas in a two-question anonymous survey, designed to find out what the community thinks works well and what could be improved upon.
Find a link to the survey at hoodriverlittleleague.org.
Hood River Little League board members are as follows: president, Sean Spellacy; vice president, Eric Foster; secretary, Melanie Nickelson; safety officer, Vince Wilson; treasurer, Jody Losee; player agent, Michelle Jacobs; coaching coordinator, Erich Harjo; concessions manager, Lindsay Duddles; fundraising manager, Kinzer Hough; head umpire, Dave Cunningham; information officer, Jan Homer; field operations, Nathan Stanton; Parkdale chair, Mike Lucas; Hood River chair, Keith Howell; Odell chair, Machel Rivera.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge