Saturday, January 18, 2014
Gorge Ecumenical Ministries will host its annual celebration on Jan. 26 at 5 p.m.
The event will begin with a potluck dinner and will take place at Hood River Valley Christian Church, 975 Indian Creek Road.
The keynote speaker will be Rev. Mark Knutson, senior pastor at Portland’s Augustana Lutheran Church and a passionate advocate for those who are vulnerable and marginalized. Knutson has built a strong multicultural ministry and is widely recognized for his leadership in building and leading interfaith partnerships.
At the event, GEM will present the Inspired Service and Action Award to DeLona Campos-Davis in celebration of her many years of service to the Gorge community.
Campos-Davis has positively impacted the lives of many, particularly children and youth, through her leadership at Peace Village and her many contributions to environmental and social justice concerns and service activities throughout the area.
GEM, which supports and oversees the operation of the Hood River Warming Shelter, FISH food bank and the Emergency Voucher Program, will also honor volunteers who have served at these programs during the past year.
GEM is an interfaith association of churches and other communities of faith that works to build to a just and compassionate world through advocacy, education and service in the Columbia Gorge.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge