Saturday, January 18, 2014
Senior parents of the Hood River Valley High School graduating class of 2014 need the community’s help to make the all-night drug- and alcohol-free graduation party a success.
This year the party will be held June 6 in the space annually donated by the Hood River Elks.
Donation letters went out in November and some businesses have already sent a donation.
“We greatly appreciate any and all types of donations to make the evening a fun and memorable night for our students,” said one of the parent coordinators, Wendy Herman.
Students pay a $35 fee to attend the party, but that does not cover all the prizes, food and activities the parents fundraise to provide.
Those who have received a donation letter and haven’t contributed are encouraged to do so if possible. Businesses who would like to donate but didn’t receive a letter may contact Herman at 541-490-6828 or wherman@hoodriver
All donations are tax-deductible and a tax receipt will be provided to the donor if needed.
Donations may be made to Project Graduation 2014, and mailed to 1767 12th St., #178, Hood River, OR 97031. Contact Herman to have your donation picked up.
Senior parents who have not attended a meeting but want to volunteer are encouraged to come to the committee’s next meeting at HRVHS library, 6 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 22.
Contact Herman to sign up to volunteer or for future meeting dates. Information is also available at the HRVHS Project Graduation 2014 Facebook page.
More like this story
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
- Sheriff's Log, Aug. 23 to 30
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge