Saturday, January 18, 2014
An informal information session to learn more about Mentor For Success and become a teen mentor is planned Jan. 23, 5:30-6 p.m., at the Next Door Inc. office, 965 Tucker Road.
Mentor For Success pairs volunteer adult mentors with struggling area teens.
MFS is a program of The Next Door; mentor and mentee are matched on the basis of interests (also gender and location), and get together a couple of times a month to do activities in the community that they choose together.
Mentors receive training and ongoing support from MFS staff.
Mentors become an important source of encouragement, listening, and guidance for the teen.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge