Saturday, January 18, 2014
An informal information session to learn more about Mentor For Success and become a teen mentor is planned Jan. 23, 5:30-6 p.m., at the Next Door Inc. office, 965 Tucker Road.
Mentor For Success pairs volunteer adult mentors with struggling area teens.
MFS is a program of The Next Door; mentor and mentee are matched on the basis of interests (also gender and location), and get together a couple of times a month to do activities in the community that they choose together.
Mentors receive training and ongoing support from MFS staff.
Mentors become an important source of encouragement, listening, and guidance for the teen.
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control