Saturday, January 18, 2014
An informal information session to learn more about Mentor For Success and become a teen mentor is planned Jan. 23, 5:30-6 p.m., at the Next Door Inc. office, 965 Tucker Road.
Mentor For Success pairs volunteer adult mentors with struggling area teens.
MFS is a program of The Next Door; mentor and mentee are matched on the basis of interests (also gender and location), and get together a couple of times a month to do activities in the community that they choose together.
Mentors receive training and ongoing support from MFS staff.
Mentors become an important source of encouragement, listening, and guidance for the teen.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge