Saturday, January 18, 2014
An informal information session to learn more about Mentor For Success and become a teen mentor is planned Jan. 23, 5:30-6 p.m., at the Next Door Inc. office, 965 Tucker Road.
Mentor For Success pairs volunteer adult mentors with struggling area teens.
MFS is a program of The Next Door; mentor and mentee are matched on the basis of interests (also gender and location), and get together a couple of times a month to do activities in the community that they choose together.
Mentors receive training and ongoing support from MFS staff.
Mentors become an important source of encouragement, listening, and guidance for the teen.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge