Saturday, January 18, 2014
An informal information session to learn more about Mentor For Success and become a teen mentor is planned Jan. 23, 5:30-6 p.m., at the Next Door Inc. office, 965 Tucker Road.
Mentor For Success pairs volunteer adult mentors with struggling area teens.
MFS is a program of The Next Door; mentor and mentee are matched on the basis of interests (also gender and location), and get together a couple of times a month to do activities in the community that they choose together.
Mentors receive training and ongoing support from MFS staff.
Mentors become an important source of encouragement, listening, and guidance for the teen.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda