Saturday, January 18, 2014
Art cards, designed by students are still available at Mid Valley Elementary.
Stop by the school office to check out the window display — the cards range from holiday to everyday, and can be purchased for $2 a card or $14.95 for a box.
A percentage of every box sold goes to the PTO to fund school projects. For more information, call the Mid Valley office at 541-354-1691.
Wy’east Middle School representative Teri Adams reports that all Hood River County schools will be closed Jan. 20 in celebration of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. There will also be no school Jan. 27, when teachers process grades for the semester.
The school’s winter choir concert will take place Jan. 23 in the Wy’east Performing Arts Center from 7-8 p.m. Everyone is invited to attend.
Adams says that donations were “sadly on the decline this holiday season,” but the school would like to thank everyone who contributed to the school’s annual canned food and coat, boots, hats and gloves drive this year.
“We’re always happy to collect items that make things a bit easier for community families that can use a little help, especially through the holiday and cold-weather season,” says Adams. “Without your help, this effort would not be possible.”
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge