Saturday, January 18, 2014
Art cards, designed by students are still available at Mid Valley Elementary.
Stop by the school office to check out the window display — the cards range from holiday to everyday, and can be purchased for $2 a card or $14.95 for a box.
A percentage of every box sold goes to the PTO to fund school projects. For more information, call the Mid Valley office at 541-354-1691.
Wy’east Middle School representative Teri Adams reports that all Hood River County schools will be closed Jan. 20 in celebration of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. There will also be no school Jan. 27, when teachers process grades for the semester.
The school’s winter choir concert will take place Jan. 23 in the Wy’east Performing Arts Center from 7-8 p.m. Everyone is invited to attend.
Adams says that donations were “sadly on the decline this holiday season,” but the school would like to thank everyone who contributed to the school’s annual canned food and coat, boots, hats and gloves drive this year.
“We’re always happy to collect items that make things a bit easier for community families that can use a little help, especially through the holiday and cold-weather season,” says Adams. “Without your help, this effort would not be possible.”
More like this story
- Reader Photos: Enjoying the Eclipse
- Eclipse Scenes
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge