Saturday, January 18, 2014
Art cards, designed by students are still available at Mid Valley Elementary.
Stop by the school office to check out the window display — the cards range from holiday to everyday, and can be purchased for $2 a card or $14.95 for a box.
A percentage of every box sold goes to the PTO to fund school projects. For more information, call the Mid Valley office at 541-354-1691.
Wy’east Middle School representative Teri Adams reports that all Hood River County schools will be closed Jan. 20 in celebration of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. There will also be no school Jan. 27, when teachers process grades for the semester.
The school’s winter choir concert will take place Jan. 23 in the Wy’east Performing Arts Center from 7-8 p.m. Everyone is invited to attend.
Adams says that donations were “sadly on the decline this holiday season,” but the school would like to thank everyone who contributed to the school’s annual canned food and coat, boots, hats and gloves drive this year.
“We’re always happy to collect items that make things a bit easier for community families that can use a little help, especially through the holiday and cold-weather season,” says Adams. “Without your help, this effort would not be possible.”
More like this story
- Raffle winner announced
- ‘Santa’s Surprise’ comes to WAAAM
- Police Log, Nov. 20 to 26
- CGCAN hosts holiday party Dec. 20
- Lighted fire trucks roll Dec. 11 to 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 9
- Good Cheer: Small adjustments keep help flowing
- Editor's Notebook: A modest, six-figure solution to NCAA coaching salary excess
- Church News: Updated for Dec. 9 edition
- HRV girls basketball win in the final seconds at home
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge