Saturday, January 18, 2014
Art cards, designed by students are still available at Mid Valley Elementary.
Stop by the school office to check out the window display — the cards range from holiday to everyday, and can be purchased for $2 a card or $14.95 for a box.
A percentage of every box sold goes to the PTO to fund school projects. For more information, call the Mid Valley office at 541-354-1691.
Wy’east Middle School representative Teri Adams reports that all Hood River County schools will be closed Jan. 20 in celebration of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. There will also be no school Jan. 27, when teachers process grades for the semester.
The school’s winter choir concert will take place Jan. 23 in the Wy’east Performing Arts Center from 7-8 p.m. Everyone is invited to attend.
Adams says that donations were “sadly on the decline this holiday season,” but the school would like to thank everyone who contributed to the school’s annual canned food and coat, boots, hats and gloves drive this year.
“We’re always happy to collect items that make things a bit easier for community families that can use a little help, especially through the holiday and cold-weather season,” says Adams. “Without your help, this effort would not be possible.”
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 3
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge