Wednesday, January 22, 2014
CASCADE LOCKS — On Jan. 16, just prior to 11:30 p.m., a Hood River County Sheriff’s Office Deputy attempted to make a traffic stop on WaNaPa Street in Cascade Locks for erratic driving.
The vehicle, a 1992 Toyota pickup, did not stop, and accelerated away from the deputy, according to Pete Hughes of the Hood River County Sheriff’s Department.
A vehicle pursuit ensued, crossing the Bridge of the Gods and into Skamania County, Wash., where the Skamania County Sheriff’s Office joined the pursuit.
The suspect vehicle continued westbound on Highway 14. At times, the pursuit reached speeds in excess of 85 mph. The driver led deputies into the City of North Bonneville, where the pursuit ended at a residence located in the 300 block of Evergreen Drive.
The driver exited the vehicle, allegedly brandishing a large handgun and running onto the porch of the residence. A brief stand-off ensued, until a family member of the suspect intervened.
The driver resisted deputies and a TASER device was utilized to take him into custody, according to Hughes. The man was later identified as Louis Oscar Grimmer, 27, of North Bonneville.
According to Hughes, Grimmer was transported to Northern Oregon Regional Corrections where he was lodged on charges of attempt to elude police in a vehicle, driving under the influence of intoxicants, reckless driving and unlawful use of a weapon.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge